Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental Pilots Union and Continental Airlines Sign Protocol Agreement for Negotia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know this is a long and drawn out process but I do feel that it is in the mutual interests for both CAL and ALPA to get this thing done early so it doesnt have to get to ugly.

CAL knows that they are going to have to pay out, they are projecting making a very large profit this year... they cant plead poverty even with $70 a barrel oil

From what I've read it seems that only the non-economic items are being negiotiated.

I'm glad to see the two parties agree to get negiotiations going, though. Contract '02 simply needs to be tossed out and the new one completely rewritten. I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to achieve an industry-leading contract, make no mistake about it.

Last edited:
From what I've read it seems that only the non-economic items are being negiotiated.

I'm glad to see the two parties agree to get negiotiations going, though. Contract '02 simply needs to be tossed out and the new one completely rewritten. I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to achieve an industry-leading contract, make no mistake about it.

Normally they talk about the non-economic portions first and then they fight about money, some stuff is pretty easy and goes by quickly like "Dues Check Off".

I think this could be the most important contract I see in the (hopefully) 29 years I have left at CAL. We need to wait until this thing is done right before signing. The only caveat is timing it so we do ink it before the next downslide. Now if I could predict that, I'd be making a hell of a lot more money.

Not at CAL (yet hopefully), but everything I hear from my contacts at CAL is that they hate the PBS system... Is ALPA going to try to improve how the company uses PBS?

Not at CAL (yet hopefully), but everything I hear from my contacts at CAL is that they hate the PBS system... Is ALPA going to try to improve how the company uses PBS?

I've seen two schools of thought out there:

One group wants to get rid of PBS completely.

The other group wants to improve the work rules and staffing requirements and improve PBS that way.

No open time pick-up for you fat man...........
You go home now...............
You been here 24 years...............
Pilot concession buffet closed...............
You go home now............

where is that from i remmeber it from some comedy show.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back