Continental, New hire, CLE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LARRY H. JUNIOR

Assuming one is hired at CAL, how long until one can hold reserve in CLE?
Assuming one gets EWR 737 F/O, can one pick up reserve, trips in CLE, even though based in EWR?

Aslo, anyone have any luck personally contacting Mr. Jost either by telephone or a personal visit to IAH?:cool:

I have talked to Capt Jost, it sounds like they are not going to be doing any more interviewing until summer. Anyway, else know what the story is?

LARRY H. JUNIOR said:
Assuming one is hired at CAL, how long until one can hold reserve in CLE?
Assuming one gets EWR 737 F/O, can one pick up reserve, trips in CLE, even though based in EWR?

Aslo, anyone have any luck personally contacting Mr. Jost either by telephone or a personal visit to IAH?:cool:

CLE isn't that senior at the top, but at the bottom it had been pretty senior. The base went from over 600 pilots to 250 in the last five years. Naturally, those who live in CLE bid to stay but not everyone could, so the junior folks got bumped to EWR for awhile. There are currently some folks who got into CLE with less than a year with the company though, so it must be returning to normal.

No, you won't fly reserve trips from another base on reserve and you can't normally pick up trips from another base as a lineholder.

This is what I heard from the chief pilots office last week. They have enough people in the pool right now to fill the classes for the next few months and the classes will only be around 10 per month. End of summer early fall they will be hiring around 60 a month again. This will help relieve the training center and get some of the instructors back on the line for the increase in summer flying. They will continue to hire strong for the foreseeable future to replace the large amount of retirements but not for a few months.

I also heard there won't be as many express jet pilots in the new hire classes from here on out because they have hired everyone that has already interviewed from a few years ago. (Don't quote me on that one though)

I think on the 14th, most of the new hires will be XJT. I know of several in the 21st, 28th, and April 11 class. I thought they started beefing up the classes because marketing added a buch more flying for the summer. I heard most of the newhires over the next month of two will be a vast majority XJT.

That could be the case about XJT. It may be that they aren't interviewing any more XJT pilots for awhile because they already have enough to fill some of the classes. I don't want to be spreading any rumors about the XJT guys though so don't hold me to that one.

I was told that they are slowing the classes down to 10 a month until late summer though. All subject to change tomorrow:beer: .

Hope this helps.

I know of one person who is interviewing in March, not former XJT. Seems like the situation changes everyday.

Are you saying each class will be 10 or only 10 people per month?

CLAMBAKE

Sorry, should have responded to all before responding. I have heard though that they are downsizing the hiring this summer. I am not an XJT guy, but got interview date possibilities of March 8th or 15th, so I would assume there are people in both of those classes. Got the call 28 Feb, for what it's worth.

Larry you may get the 756 without getting to choose the 737 so CLE wouldn't be an option for at least 2 years until the seatlock is up. You can always commute though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back