• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental, New hire, CLE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CLE.....well, I'm based there w/ XJT and Dad keeps reducing our flying out of CLE, so I don't know if that is carrying over to the CAL side of the terminal. The CA I flew w/ two days ago had a class starting in like 3 weeks and he said he'd be back in EWR for a while, so take that for what its worth.

ABOVE ME said:
YES HIRING IS SLOWING DOWN IN PREPARATION FOR THE UPCOMING AGE 60 RULE CHANGE.:laugh: ;) :p

I always thought it was so they could work you guys like dogs again this summer. Is that becoming the norm nowadays or what? I guess if you are going to run a thin, lean machine it makes sense but it sucks for everyone's QOL again this summer.

I am in the April 18th class over there and I know of 3 XJT people who are in it (me included) It wouldnt surprise me there are more. The last I heard was that they are going to continue strong hiring (14-16 a week) until Fall...

But it seems that crew planning over there can change its minds and a daily basis.

flatspin7 said:
I am in the April 18th class over there and I know of 3 XJT people who are in it (me included) It wouldnt surprise me there are more. The last I heard was that they are going to continue strong hiring (14-16 a week) until Fall...

But it seems that crew planning over there can change its minds and a daily basis.

That sounds about right. Hiring was to slow, now they are keeping the same class size because of added summer flying. Training will slow in the summer because they need all hands on deck to complete the summer flying. When the summer rush is over the training continues full steam.....subject to change daily.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back