Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ_Driver

The Man
What are the minimum requirements for Continental? Below is the minimums according to their website, HOWEVER, my questions follows:

If I have > than 1,500 hours (majority in turbine), but < than 500 PIC (and no turbine PIC) than do I meet the minimums?

Thanks!

Reference Continental website below:

The following are the minimum qualifications to apply for a pilot position:

- 1,500 hours fixed-wing total flight time
- 1,000 hours fixed-wing PIC time, or 500 hours PIC time and 500 hours SIC time in a turbojet
- 1,000 hours fixed-wing turbine time
- 1,000 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time (civilian or military) or 1,000 hours single-engine military fighter jet time
- A current ATP written exam
- A current first class FAA medical
- A current passport
- A Bachelor's degree is highly desired

What are the minimum requirements for Continental? Below is the minimums according to their website, HOWEVER, my questions follows:

If I have > than 1,500 hours (majority in turbine), but < than 500 PIC (and no turbine PIC) than do I meet the minimums?

Thanks!

Reference Continental website below:

The following are the minimum qualifications to apply for a pilot position:

- 1,500 hours fixed-wing total flight time
- 1,000 hours fixed-wing PIC time, or 500 hours PIC time and 500 hours SIC time in a turbojet
- 1,000 hours fixed-wing turbine time
- 1,000 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time (civilian or military) or 1,000 hours single-engine military fighter jet time
- A current ATP written exam
- A current first class FAA medical
- A current passport
- A Bachelor's degree is highly desired

When companies post minimums they are base minimums, competetive minimums are much higher

Perhaps I was unclear.

Regarding the following minimum: 1,000 hours fixed-wing PIC time, or 500 hours PIC time and 500 hours SIC time in a turbojet

Does this mean that you need 500 hours PIC jet or can you have 500 hours PIC non turbojet?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Perhaps I was unclear.

Regarding the following minimum: 1,000 hours fixed-wing PIC time, or 500 hours PIC time and 500 hours SIC time in a turbojet

Does this mean that you need 500 hours PIC jet or can you have 500 hours PIC non turbojet?

Thanks!

Just like it states....

You need EITHER:
1,000 fixed-wing PIC
OR
500 PIC (total PIC) + 500 SIC turbo

According to the system chief, 3000 PIC TURB is the avg. to get a foot in the door these days.....unless you're "special".

According to the system chief, 3000 PIC TURB is the avg. to get a foot in the door these days.....unless you're "special".

I was under the impression that to get your foot in the door was heavily dependent on the quality and the amout of internal LOR's that you have in addition to a face-to-face "chat". Is that 3000 PIC for non-recommended folks??? I know quite a few guys with way lower than 3000 PIC that got in.

Last edited:
That is what I had heard through the grapevine too. However, I just had a friend go in and sit with the System Chief and that 3000HR PIC TURB came right from his mouth. Keep in mind he said it was an "average".

He also said if the Age 60 rule is passed soon, hiring projections will be cut atleast in half. Not good.

Latest resources

Back