Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bertie Wooster

hello,
I will be jumpseating on continental tomorrow, is there a requirement to list prior to showing up ?

also is there a dedicated non rev line to call to check loads and list?

Thanks in advance

You mean to say you'll be TRYING to jumpseat tomorrow. I notice you waited until the last minute to do any research - with the loads the way they have been, good luck.

Bertie -- sorry you asked for help and got zilch. Here's the deal with CO. I jump on them all the time and they are great. They have no number to call. If you call the CO NR and list in advance as a NR it just messes 'em up at the gate. They have a seperate file to list jumpseaters at the Gate. Try to be at the gate at least one hour prior (although I've gotten on 5 mins before departure time). That way the gate agent can list you in the jumpseat file. Some stations with CO do not have CASS access, so you might have to sit in back. If the J/S List System is down at CO, you cannot ride. Even if you have your 121 badge, medical, and license, you must be listed in this CO J/S file to be processed as a J/Ser. Even CO pilots have been denied the J/S at thier own airline if this internal jumpseat list file goes down. Ask the gate agent to list you for any connecting flights to make it easy on the next gate agent. Standard stuff after that, introduce yourself to 1st, Ask the Captain for a ride, and then be a fly on the wall as a off-line jumpseater. Good luck.

You mean to say you'll be TRYING to jumpseat tomorrow. I notice you waited until the last minute to do any research - with the loads the way they have been, good luck.

maybe the guy/gal had a death in the family. jeez. at any rate...i hope MK82 provided what is needed. i honestly don't know much about offliners. most just seem to walk up to the ticket counter and they clear them that way. could probably do it outside security as well. although plenty do it right at the gate. be patient with the gate agents. some are more current in CASS use than others.

good luck. hope your journey goes as planned.

thanks mk82 and Palomino for the info. I have never jumpseated CAL and hence the query.
CALFO if you ever need to fly America West (USair ) or need info feel free to pm me and I will provide any info you might need.Anytime.

For awhile CAL was not allowing off-line JS into the cockpit because of the CASS picture requirement. Has that been fixed yet?

thanks

Try to be at the gate at least one hour prior (although I've gotten on 5 mins before departure time).

Unfortunately, too much of this is decided upon by the gate agent. The IAH agents are pretty surly from my experience and not very accomodating. I honestly think it makes them happy to deny pilots anything.

If the computer "denies" you for no apparent reason, politely ask the agent if they deleted the default company code of "CO" and replaced it with your (the appropriate) company code. It happens...

RD

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back