Continental Intl J/S for Dispatchers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N271FE

Anyone know if offline dispatchers can J/S internationally on Continental? I know they take Pilots/FA's, but dxers fall into that gray area...

-N271FE

The Continental jump-seat authorization list marks the airlines that are authorized for international jump-seat with an asterisk. Usually, these are airlines that operate international flights. The list is based on reciprocal agreements between CO's pilots and other airlines. If your airline is on the list, you can probably get a ride.
The only airline that I am aware of that maintains a jump-seat list for dispatchers is Northwest, and dispatchers are not authorized for international travel unless they are in the TWU (I think Delta and UAL dispatchers are exceptions, but they have their own union to negotiate that stuff)
disclaimer - I have not been affiliated with Continental Airlines since Nov 2005, and things may have changed.

bcp7 & SKC thanks for the heads up... I appreciate the info. Heading down to the caribbean in a few weeks- lots of ways to get down there, but Continental fit my sked the best... I'll let ya know if they let me on!

I used to jumpseat internationally on CO/CS all the time during my time at 9K a year ago. I never had a problem getting on a flight. I've been to Europe and Asia riding in the back.

Followup...

jetBlue totally took care of me while jumpseating on my recent trip to the Dominican Republic. I didn't even try for the Continental flight as jetBlue pretty much guaranteed me a seat in back- both going and coming. Taxes were like 28 going, and about 70 coming back. What a great airline!

Latest resources

Back