• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

deafsound

resident rock star
Hi folks,
I know this is a long shot, but I have to ask.
I'm going to be in germany for the playing music for the world cup event. I'm flying on continental. Our last gig got moved to an earlier date, so I'm hoping that I can get home a day early. I called continental, and they wanted 200 bucks to change my ticket, and that's a lot of money for me (I'm a new commercial pilot from the Boston area, and I scrape a living as a musician, recording engineer and pilot). My scheduled flight out is monday, July 9th from Cologne, and I know that there is a flight 24 hours earlier, which I'm hoping to catch.
Anyone have any suggestions? Should I show up at the airport a day early and throw myself at the mercy of the ticket counter person?
I know that this request will be met with some responses like"suck it up and deal" or "pay the money you cheap bastid" etc etc, but I just have to ask.
I'm sure many of you can relate to wanting to get home after a long trip.

Also, if anyone's gonna be in Dortmund between the 24th of June and July 9th and wants to hang out with some crazy american musicians, please let me know. I'm sure we can score some free beer.

Thanks a lot

I'm not sure how it would work out for you, but if you really want to come home early you might wany to try to sweet talk the agents. But be prepared to head back to the hotel for another night or to cough up the extra $. BTW the pax load looks a little better on the 8th so that could help your cause. Good luck.

oh btw, the 9th is a sunday not monday

It isn't try jump seating...it is why aren't you jump seating?

bearcat said:
It isn't try jump seating...it is why aren't you jump seating?
Because he can't. Only carriers on the international reciprocal jumpseat list are allowed, and even those aren't allowed in the cockpit. I don't think he even works for an airline.

imadumbpilot said:
Because he can't. Only carriers on the international reciprocal jumpseat list are allowed, and even those aren't allowed in the cockpit. I don't think he even works for an airline.
You're right, I don't----I'm just hoping for suggestions, and I thank those of you with the suggestions. I am going to try showing up a day earlier and throwing myself at the mercy of the ticket agents.
Seriously, if anyone;'s near dortmund, ask where the bands are staying, and I'll hook you up with cases of free beer.
DW

Latest resources

Back