Continental Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

whatfuelpolicy

http://jobs-continental.icims.com/c...didate/job.jsp?jobid=7459&mode=view&sn=Indeed

Dispatcher - HQS Job ID: 106696# Positions: 1Location: US-TX-HoustonPosted Date: 05/04/2007Category: Flight Operations Division/Flight Operations DispatchersPosition Type: Full Time
OverviewFREE AIR TRAVEL
JUST ONE OF THE PERKS

When you work at Continental, your talent can take you places – even when you’re not at work. Because in addition to a culture that encourages new ideas, we offer a benefits package that provides free air travel. So where do you want your career to take you?

Dispatcher
Houston, Texas

Equal Opportunity Employer by Choice.

Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of Continental's policies.

Responsibilities
  • Conduct all flight operations assigned in accordance with company and FAA regulations and procedures. This will normally cover individual flight planning, releases, flight monitoring, weather and operational advisory service.
  • Upon reporting for duty and continuously during his tour of duty, the dispatcher shall make a careful check, monitor, and analyze weather conditions over regular and alternate routes, changes in the route navigational facilities, field conditions, inoperative navigational facilities, and two-way radio communications (ground stations).
  • The dispatcher shall provide the Pilot-in-Command with all available current reports or information on airport conditions and irregularities of navigation facilities that may affect the safety of the flight.
  • Before beginning a flight, the dispatcher shall provide the Pilot-in-Command with all available weather reports and forecasts of weather phenomena that may affect the safety of flight, including adverse weather phenomena, such as clear air turbulence, thunderstorms, and low level windshear, for each route to be flown and each airport to be used.
  • During a flight, the dispatcher shall provide the Pilot-in-Command any additional available information of meteorological conditions including adverse weather phenomena, such as clear air turbulence, thunderstorms, and low level windshear, and irregularities of facilities and services, that may affect the safety of the flight.
  • Read and initial all Dispatch Bulletins and circulars issued since last tour of duty.
  • Dispatch Bulletins will remain current for a period of 120 days from the date of issuance. At the end of the valid period the bulletin will have been incorporated into the Operations Manual, reissued under a new bulletin number or considered outdated.

Qualifications
  • Dispatch certificate required and dispatch experience desired.
  • Must be able to work shifts (including nights, holidays and weekends).
  • Must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship.

I dunno, I'd consider working at Continental a dream job. I think Houston would be great, and it's a very reputable airline. I would apply but I just started a new job! Gotta love the timing of things.

I think Continental would be a fine company to work for. I am just not interested myself to leave my current location and go live in IAH. Thats just me. I think anyone would be wise to jump on this opporotunity if its your cup of tea?

sweet

A year ago I interviewed and was offered a job at Continental. Starting pay is about 35K. No benefits for the first 6 months. Top pay at 15 years of service was about 70K. After a year you will most likely be bumped to international desk for about 2K more per year. It's a junior assignment. As I recall schedule is 5 on/2 off with an occasional 3 day break. Expect to spend several years working graveyard shifts.

I turned the job down. I guess it wasn't a bad job as things go, but I would hardly consider it a "dream job" That was more like United pre-9/11. 50K to start, 100K after 10 years, 5/2 5/2/ 5/6 schedule, rotating.

Last edited:
A year ago I interviewed and was offered a job at Continental. Starting pay is about 35K. No benefits for the first 6 months. Top pay at 15 years of service was about 70K. After a year you will most likely be bumped to international desk for about 2K more per year. It's a junior assignment. As I recall schedule is 5 on/2 off with an occasional 3 day break. Expect to spend several years working graveyard shifts.

I turned the job down. I guess it wasn't a bad job as things go, but I would hardly consider it a "dream job" That was more like United pre-9/11. 50K to start, 100K after 10 years, 5/2 5/2/ 5/6 schedule, rotating.

Well I guess it's a dream job in the sense that it's a major airline to where you are certainly making more money than the regionals, and you could get flight benefits to pretty much anywhere in the world. Also, your job would be a lot more stable than most of the regionals or some of the other majors. Also, that it's in Houston....a city in which people more likely want to live than where some of the other airlines are based.

Well I guess it's a dream job in the sense that it's a major airline to where you are certainly making more money than the regionals, and you could get flight benefits to pretty much anywhere in the world. Also, your job would be a lot more stable than most of the regionals or some of the other majors. Also, that it's in Houston....a city in which people more likely want to live than where some of the other airlines are based.
Is there a term for the Dispatcher version of Shiny Jet Syndrome?

Latest resources

Back