continental and Delta interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suupah

I keep hearing about FO's getting interviews with Delta and Continental. What happened to 121 pic time? Is this becoming normal or is it special cases (dad is chief pilot etc) that get interviews without 121 pic time?

thanks

Neither of those 2 companies has historically put as great a weight on TPIC as others, like FedEx, AA, UA, JB and SWA.

I keep hearing about FO's getting interviews with Delta and Continental. What happened to 121 pic time? Is this becoming normal or is it special cases (dad is chief pilot etc) that get interviews without 121 pic time?

thanks

I haven't flown a 121 day in my life, but I've got 1000 hours of turbine PIC. You'll rarely find any pure mil dudes with 121 time (unless they are part-time guardsmen and fly for a regional/feeder as well). Plenty of mil guys are getting the call for the interview. Airlines understand that.

Getting on at a major nowadays is 100% about who you know. You qualifications don't matter one bit. If you meet the mins, and you know the right person, you're in. It's the biggest good ol' boy network ever. 15,000 hours of turbine PIC doesn't mean crap if you don't know anybody.....the 1900 F/O with no PIC time that has a connection will get an interview before you.

Completely sad, but that's the way it is now.

On top of that DAL's philosophy is that someone with less time is more trainable. Guys like me are harder to break of our old habits.

A buddy of mine got on with Continental 1 yr ago flying the 76....he flew for Commutair in the NE racked up 900+ hours PIC and went to Pinnacle (Airlink) with 1001.2 hours Beech 1900D time PIC and after six months at Airlink went straight to Contiental....He is 24 1/2 years old......not his flight time but WHO HE KNEW!

Latest resources

Back