contact your local congressman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nismo611

I have noticed that on FI and other aviation forums there are many complaints about aviation overall but I wonder how many people are actually doing something about it so I decided recently to contact my local congressman and as many others as I could find and I complained about the sad state of aviation including debts incurred to become a pilot and how the student loan companies are having there way with all of us but are still being bailed out, low salaries across the board, and also the state of the regional airlines with low time pilots with even lower pay scales. Please take a minute to call your local congressmen and the congressmen where you have either lived in the past or where you did your flight training. This industry is going down the drain, and it will continue to do so until people stand up and attempt to do something about it.

I agree, everyone wants to focus on training. Training at my airline is great, but some people are untrainable. Unless pay goes up, skilled people will continue to seek work elsewhere. We must get the pay raised and make it harder for people to get hired!!

It is so easy to look up your congressmen and call them or type a few words it took me 5 minutes total. Some of these people actually listen and try so people need to be proactive instead of complaining to every other pilot on FI about their problems call someone who can change things. The regional airlines will be under a microscope and having under qualified and under paid pilots will not make anything better.

Ah yes, we all chose to become pilots. Now we're going to bitch about and ask for a government bailout.

Ah yes, we all chose to become pilots. Now we're going to bitch about and ask for a government bailout.

We all did chose this career path but is it ok to be compliant and just turn the other cheek to everything? That will make things better.

People need to be proactive if you do not ask for something chances are you will never get it.

Latest resources

Back