Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Contact at 1/126th Av Salisbury, NC (UH-60s)?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Still looking for National Guard contacts at RDU (1/130th, Apaches) or RUQ (1/126th, Blackhawks). Local Guard recruiter is working my files now for eligibility, need a contact who is local or Iraq via email.

Trying for a Crew Chief slot.

Minh

One would think I'd be able to get on the internet and track down the numbers, however that has proven to not be the case. When I finally got someone at HHC 1/130th the ensuing conversation was not very helpful at all. I figured it'd be better to talk to someone from the line companies to find out what openings they have currently. Even my local recruiter couldn't tell me who is doing what nor where everyone is located.

Kinda frustrating, thus far. However a gracious FlightInfo member is assisting with contact info for a UH-60 battalion in Virginia. RIC is not a long drive at all from GSO. :)

Minh

1/126 NC ARNG Contact

Snakeum,

1/126 Avn is currently deployed in Iraq. I just left there and have a couple of friends in that unit. RDU Apache unit just came back from Afganistan. I'll try to get some contact info for you. May take a little while.

Thanks ATL ... I knew it would be difficult to get someone 'in the know' at 1/126th, since they left in January (or so I was told last week). I'd greatly appreciate anything you could do in the way of a contact there. If my waivers go thru, my first choice is 15T school for the 1/126th, and there is also a VA unit with 60s. Failing that, crewing a 64 or even an OH-58D would also be killer job, imho. Beggars can't be choosers. :D

Do you happen to know how the 1/126th is staffed for crew chiefs presently? I assume they were 'rounded out' for deployment, but are they still short at the unit?

I did four years as a grunt in the late 80s, but I'm just too old to hump a rucksack nowadays. But I want to serve again and I thought Army Aviation would be a nice change. :)

Thanks again ...

Minh

Snakum said:
Thanks ATL ... I knew it would be difficult to get someone 'in the know' at 1/126th, since they left in January (or so I was told last week). I'd greatly appreciate anything you could do in the way of a contact there. If my waivers go thru, my first choice is 15T school for the 1/126th, and there is also a VA unit with 60s. Failing that, crewing a 64 or even an OH-58D would also be killer job, imho. Beggars can't be choosers. :D

Do you happen to know how the 1/126th is staffed for crew chiefs presently? I assume they were 'rounded out' for deployment, but are they still short at the unit?

I did four years as a grunt in the late 80s, but I'm just too old to hump a rucksack nowadays. But I want to serve again and I thought Army Aviation would be a nice change. :)

Thanks again ...

Minh

a;owl

try 401-275-4510. That # goes to the Asst. S-3 for the HHC parent Co in Rhode Island. It's a start. I'll see what else i can grab.

Latest resources

Back