Contact a Flight Surgeon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flooder305

Considering entry into WOCS for the Army rotary-wing program, however, I'm in need of a waiver, or at least some info on getting one (if possible) for some hardware in my shoulder, which normally is automatic disqual for most branches. How can I get past the dang recruiters. They literally will not give me a phone number. I haven't had the surgery yet, but I'm basically sure I can get a waiver for something this minor. How can I contact someone with some intelligence on this topic?

No waivers for initial entry for any hardware in the body. Can you do without it?

Here is the number for the Flight Surgeon's office at Scott AFB. They do Army flight physicals.

618-256-3250

Last edited:
I had two screws in my elbow that had to be removed before I could join. Once they were out I had to be examined and demo full range of motion to a doc assigned by Army. After this was done it was never an issue again.

You won't even get into the military until that hardware is out of your body. It's a show stopper for general enlistment.

You can also try Virtual Flight Surgeons at www.aviationmedicine.com. Their website is somewhat FAA oriented but Dr. Snyder has a long history with USAF Flight Medicine, to include experience as the Colorado State Air Surgeon. He'll shoot straight with you. Not sure what the fees are, if any.

Latest resources

Back