Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Consider Taking Off The Rose-Colored SWA Glasses For a Moment and Discuss...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you fly anymore per month youll have the whole company timing out in November.

Dude, the average block hours per month at SWA is about 65 hours. I don't think "the whole company" is gonna time out. Also, you can make extra money at time and a half. Often times that includes things like deadheads and rigs. That's where the money is and it usually involves less block.

jj

I don't work for SWA nor would I want to simply because I am quite happy were I am. That said, I have to laugh at the pilots bashing them. The fact is, SWA is the best run airline in the U.S. hands down. The employee's are very well compensated, most seem to really like working there. Management is very progressive and willing to think outside the box and so is SWAPA. They all benefit because of that.
If you are just starting an airline career it's your best option out there, period.

There is absolutely no question that SWA is the best run airline that exists.

Some guys may say "I fly heavies to Europe" or "I don't want to RON in Midland, Texas my whole career" etc etc blah blah (and that's fine, different boats for different folks), but as far as the best run airline, best managed?

Southwest without a doubt, period.

Productivity.....

This is actually an argument that goes AGAINST swa in the long run. Other airlines have room to maneuver if they wish to compete more aggressively with swa because they can create incentives to get their workforce to be more productive and approach the productivity levels of SWA. Pilot unions may grumble about losing the glory days but in the end, those that don't wish to fly more will stay home and create more pay opportunities for those that do.Likewise, couldn't 1 aircraft type become a liability? It must be a major scare if the FAA ever grounds the US 737 fleet for some reason. Obviously all airlines would suffer but swa most of all.

I don't even think it has to do with productivity as much as it does respect.

At SWA, it seems to me their management lives by the creed: "Take care of your employees and they will take care of the customers." Pretty simple.

Where at NWA, management lives by the creed: "Do whatever it takes to the employees to line our own pockets."

SWA and NWA are the textbook cases of how to, and how not to, conduct employee relations. Such a novel concept that an employer should actually respect the employees. :rolleyes:

Who the hell says that phrase?

It's different strokes for different folks.

I don't know... maybe he's drunk like the person who wrote:

God is capitalize in this country. Unless your Obama... then you don't believe in God or put your hand over your heart during the pledge of alliegence
---"Vote for Democrat?" thread

Thanks, though, for taking the one thread that had 5 pgs of intelligent, mature discussion, into your usual bs. :smash:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back