Consessions at the regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LASvegas777

When mgt, comes calling for us to take pay cuts at the regionals what do we do? places like air wisconsin, ACA, Comair, skywest, asa, xj contracts are going to compared to regionals with much lower payscales and contract work rules. Mgt will say we need to compare you to other companies, if they want to play that game then we should demand that the Mgt. salaries then be compared to other companies? i am sure if MGT believes in that idea the seniors mgt at ACA, Air Wisconsin wont mind being paided the same as the seniors mgt. at chautuqua, tsa etc. and it was thier idea to start.

Last edited:
Bonus

No they will get a bonus, like the NWA managment for making those hard decisions

and the $17.3 million in bonuses - $23 million in pension security Delta and those crooks took while furloughing and asking for more...

and the $45 million taken by US Airways top 3 execs just days before filing bankruptcy....

I should have went to business school instead of flight school.

I hear ASA has an upcoming contract. Hopefully they will raise the bar in these trying times. If they do it will be good for all. I wish everyony the best of luck.

As an ASA pilot I can see no reason to accept any concessions. We are still very profitable. In fact, it appears that DAL management is funding their retirement and bonus with ASA and Comair profits.

One thing to think about is the whole label of "regional." ASA (and I suspect several other of your airlines) is no longer a "regional." We fly coast to coast now, and from Monterrey Mexico, to Toronto. We are truly a "National" airline. This coupled with the fact we are very profitable, especially with Delta trimming back 12%, gives us a fighting chance at the bargaining table.

I think the Eagle guys got screwed by siging a contact that said something like they get 2% above the average "regional" airline, well that didn't include ASA, Comair, etc....it was averaged by using airlines like Chicago Ex, Chitaqua, Lakes, etc.

At least we can hold where we are and get some quality of life issues improved (like incinerating crew scheduling!!!!)

Any thoughts??

Both ASA and Comair are included in our IAI calculations. That problem is our raise is based on the applicable competetors RAISES for a given year. We get AT LEAST 1.5%/year, so since nobody is going to be getting any good contracts for say .......the next TEN years, it looks like our yearly raises will be about 1/2 the yearly inflation.

But compared to the Mesa idiots our contract looks pretty good.

NEVER thought I'd see the day when our 1997 agreement would look good compared to a competetors 2003 agreement !

In fact, I STRONGLY doubt the Mesa idiots will EVER match our agreement, as bad as it is.

When the managments of your carriers demend "concessions" to match the rest of the so called industry, compare ours and Mesa's and choose.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back