Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congress to the rescue! This will save us!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hung Start

Just the cleanup guy
Congress May Extend Daylight-Saving Time
[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]

WASHINGTON (AP) - If Congress passes an energy bill, Americans may see more daylight-saving time.

Lawmakers crafting energy legislation approved an amendment Wednesday to extend daylight-saving time by two months, having it start on the last Sunday in March and end on the last Sunday in November.

"Extending daylight-saving time makes sense, especially with skyrocketing energy costs," said Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich., who along with Rep. Ed Markey, D-Mass., co-sponsored the measure.

The amendment was approved by the House Energy and Commerce Committee that is putting together major parts of energy legislation likely to come up for a vote in the full House in the coming weeks.

"The more daylight we have, the less electricity we use," said Markey, who cited Transportation Department estimates that showed the two-month extension would save the equivalent of 10,000 barrels of oil a day. The country uses about 20 million barrels of oil a day.
[/font]

I take pride in not observing standard time. I just don't set my clock back come fall... I'd rather go to work earlier and come home before its dark.

Move to (most of) Indiana, Arizona or Hawaii (I think?), and you won't have to change your clock either way...

Unless they pass this nonsense, that is.

I.P. Freley said:
Move to (most of) Indiana, Arizona or Hawaii (I think?), and you won't have to change your clock either way...

Unless they pass this nonsense, that is.

True. Currently we here in Indiana do not turn clocks back or forward. It's always the same time. However this is debated every single legislative session in the statehouse and is now currently about to pass that we observe it. However the federal DOT has said that allowing some counties to opt out is illegal so it may go on and on.

Thats a projected .05% savings. Prepare for oil prices to plummet. Sell your XOM stock! Buy an Excursion!

let's see a link for that story. i believe everything i read on the internet, but i take what i read here w/ a grain of salt!!! can't be too trusting of you guys, ya know...

Latest resources

Back