Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congress actually works once in awhile - read this...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

This is a great blurb from AIN Online - check it out:

EU Emissions Plan Gets Roughed Up in Congress
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John Bruton, the European Union’s Ambassador to the U.S., received a decidedly undiplomatic reception while testifying on aviation emissions before the House aviation subcommittee on Tuesday. The ambassador got into a rancorous spat with Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.), who was designated acting chairman of the subcommittee at the time. What drew the congressman’s ire was an EU proposal that an airline flying from Los Angeles to London would pay carbon allowances to the EU for the entire 6,000 miles and not just the portion flown in EU airspace. Asked why the U.S. should have to pay a premium for flying over its own airspace, Bruton responded that the pollution eventually flows over to Europe. When asked where the money would go, the ambassador said it would improve the EU ATC system. “You want to tax our airlines in order to make your air traffic system more efficient?” asked DeFazio. “You are looking for a trade war.” The dust-up ended when the congressman left the room to cast a vote on the House floor.[/FONT]

Let's just make certain that we specify which politicians:

Democrats......with few exceptions.

Try to keep up, man. The EU is Europe. They don't have American Democrats over there making policy.

Beyond that, your premise is completely ridiculous, but I'm sure you rarely let facts get in your way.

You guys actually think this doesn't have a chance in passing?? Other open skies crap has been, along with cabotage out of ANC, etc. etc..

It would not suprise me in the least to see this happen with the hack politicians we have running the show.

They'll put on a good chest-thumping show of "no way, not on my watch," then 6 months later when everybody has forgotten about it, it will pass as some hidden, out-of-the-way addition to some bill.

They'll put on a good chest-thumping show of "no way, not on my watch," then 6 months later when everybody has forgotten about it, it will pass as some hidden, out-of-the-way addition to some bill.

This is exactly what will happen. But only if the US politicians get some Gigantic benefit.......

Try to keep up, man. The EU is Europe. They don't have American Democrats over there making policy.

Beyond that, your premise is completely ridiculous, but I'm sure you rarely let facts get in your way.

Uh, in case you haven't noticed, there is an ongoing push in this country amongst Democrats for carbon taxes....and anyone who has failed to see the rampant political opportunism in which the Dems are partaking regarding the so-called global warming issue either hasn't been paying attention, shares their views and doesn't want to admit it, or is otherwise really stupid.

Last edited:
Uh, in case you haven't noticed, there is an ongoing push in this country amongst Democrats for carbon taxes....and anyone who has failed to see the rampant political opportunism in which the Dems are partaking regarding the so-called global warming issue either hasn't been paying attention, shares their views and doesn't want to admit it, or is otherwise really stupid.

...or is so frustrated by the republican's utter hostility toward labor that they're willing to put up with some really dumb crap from democrats...

Gonna be a hard decision in november, personally.

The biggest con in today's world = global warming.

ALL 3 presidential candidates are terrible, my vote will be for whom I dislike the least. Unfortunately that will be for McCain.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back