Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LoneStarFlyer said:
Tex,

It's about time you graduated from the good ole Geronimo! Good things come to those who bust their a$$, you definitely paid your dues. Now if you'd just pull those Flowmasters off that 6 cylinder truck! Seriously, congrats.

HAHAHA DICKCHEESE! :D

hope you enjoy your starvation wages.

iflyabeech said:
hope you enjoy your starvation wages.

Looking at my current monthy pay average, I'm slated to make just under $40,000 as a second year FO. With the potential to make more, if I wanted to work a bit more. Starvation wages? I don't think so. Not mainline wages either, but certainly not starving. What do you make in your Beech?

Congrats Texan Aviator. I know you'll enjoy it here.

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
HAHAHA DICKCHEESE! :D

Congrats Texan!! I was supposed to have my interview on the Thursday at 1pm! Cxled it and took another job!! Hope you had a beer for me!

Lates! Spin

40,000 as a second yr FO? I find that a little hard to believe unless you are flying 90+ hours a month and even then thats a stretch. I'm a 5th yr FO about to upgrade to captain and I have never broken 40K a year. Your gonna starve your first year but after that it's gonna be OK. It's a good company and most everyone is cool to fly with. Welcome aboard and congrats!

C-DALE DRVR said:
40,000 as a second yr FO? I find that a little hard to believe unless you are flying 90+ hours a month and even then thats a stretch. I'm a 5th yr FO about to upgrade to captain and I have never broken 40K a year. Your gonna starve your first year but after that it's gonna be OK. It's a good company and most everyone is cool to fly with. Welcome aboard and congrats!

I start 2nd year on October 18th....

$32.80 per hour X 85 hours, for example is $2788 per month. X 12 months a year = $33,456. Add to that per diem which every month for me has been over $500...or $6,000 a year (tax free) and that puts us at $39,456. Add to that profit sharing, although not a guarantee, will likely be in the 7 to 8 percent range, or about $2762 in our example, for a total of....(drumroll)....$42,218. That's just 85 hours a month. If you max out at around 100 credit hours a month, everything said and done and you have a grand total of $49819 by my calculations. Even a first year FO tops out at around $35,310.

Tim

Avpilot said:
I start 2nd year on October 18th....

$32.80 per hour X 85 hours, for example is $2788 per month. X 12 months a year = $33,456. Add to that per diem which every month for me has been over $500...or $6,000 a year (tax free) and that puts us at $39,456. Add to that profit sharing, although not a guarantee, will likely be in the 7 to 8 percent range, or about $2762 in our example, for a total of....(drumroll)....$42,218. That's just 85 hours a month. If you max out at around 100 credit hours a month, everything said and done and you have a grand total of $49819 by my calculations. Even a first year FO tops out at around $35,310.

Tim

1-800-TAX-1040

I wouldnt consider per diem income. And I dont care how much math you do, no 2nd year FO here is going to make $49000. Nonetheless its still a great place to work considering..

five-alive said:
I wouldnt consider per diem income. And I dont care how much math you do, no 2nd year FO here is going to make $49000. Nonetheless its still a great place to work considering..

Yes they will and why don't you consider per diem part of pay? I eat out at home or on the road.

Latest resources

Back