• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

congrats to texan aviator - hired at xjt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most jobs you get nothing if you eat out. Its your choice. Per diem is something. Maybe not a great deal of income but it is money tax free being handed to you for nothing. I ate out at my last job every day and they gave me nothing for it.

It means something. You food should be free for the month. Thats the deal.

miles otoole said:
Yes they will and why don't you consider per diem part of pay? I eat out at home or on the road.

Because you have a choice at home, on a trip you are pretty much forced to buy food at a dining establishment, which is ultimately more expensive than preparing your own meal with food from the grocery store, plus tips (a whole other subject!) etc. Ok you can bring a few meals in your igloo but cmon work with me here. Per diem covers the extra expense of being away from home doing this unique job.

Note that I didnt say that it was not possible for an FO to make $49000 this year, just that I doubt people will do it. You have to do everything right and jump thru many hoops, such as working during vacation, multiple FBO's, etc. And if someone does it certainly is not representative of the group, at least not enough to say "At Expressjet our 2nd year FOs make $49000".

TEXAN AVIATOR said:
And now time to study the 4" binder they gave me.;)

Speaking of which, can someone tell me if I'm safe to transfer that stuff to a 2" binder, or will they be giving us enough stuff to fill up that 4-incher?

I think there are a few FO's that have worked out how to use the FBO provision. I would think they will easily show 45,000 plus on their W-2. They would fly about 75 hours and have an average credit time of 130 plus. KNOW YOUR CONTRACT.

I will gross more than 40000 this year as a second year F/O. I didn't work during my vacation. I'm going to the UK for 10 days next month. It's the soft time man, the soft time.....:)

box

P.S.- That doesn't include profit sharing either.

40 g's I think not..I'm sitting here 5th year f/o and my last pay stub (08/16/05) just had a gross of 29,067.52. That is flying my ass off 90+ every month with 15 days off. Sometimes I drop it down to 13 and hit 100. ok so I do 13 percent in 401k. That would bump it down a bit..
But don't go including profit sharing that you haven't even seen yet..(That should have been given out quarterly..Thanks union)

So I wouldn't spout Xjet as the "sheiit" rj trucking company how you can bank as an f/o..b/c that it ain't...A semi-okay place to hang your hat for some years yes..But you ain't going to get rich working here..Thats for sure

40K net and 40K gross are two big differences....

But I'm not going to be happy till I win the lottery..

miles otoole said:
Guess he'll have to change his screen name to Newark Aviator. Say bye, bye to Texas.

More like Cleveland Aviator...

He will probably only be there for 1-2 months and he will probably hold a relief line in that time. As far as holding relief in IAH in 2 months well....

congrats Tex.

Latest resources

Back