Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

typhoonpilot

Daddy
For those of you who have been away and can't read all 11 plus pages of the thread, here is what I got out of it :D .

TP

Warning: This is a rant

Today (4/14) i was flying out in the Tulsa area at around 6 pm. My instructor & I decided to head on over to 0F8 to do some landings. We approached from the west at roughly 2500ft (~1600agl) - while doing that we listened to CTAF and figured out that there were roughly 4 guys in the pattern (5 with us soon). About 3 miles out from the airport we notice a yellow plane at around 2000ft (~1100agl), approaching from our left and headed for the airport. He was no more than a mile from us. That farker cut right infront of us. According to the right-of-way rules, we had right of way, but that gung-ho beotch just cut us off.

ANyway, we kinda get behind him and follow him in to the airport. Active runway was 35 with a left pattern. We figured out where the 4 other guys in the pattern where and managed to enter nicely with good spacing. Gung-ho Ag pilot drops to a lower altitude, shoots across the runway while someone else is on short final, makes a left turn for a LEFTpattern for 17 - all very tight turns. So get this - while he is on final, someone else is in the process of taking off , immediately after rotation from runway 35, he sidesteps because this gung-ho ag pilot is on short final. Looked like he would stall out by the "evasive maneuver" he did. Anyway, in the mean time i'm already on final for 35 and the ag pilot just cruises on in like nothings going on and lands right infront of me. So i go around.

And the craziest thing was that jack-arse never even once anounced anything on the radio - i guess he didn't have one. I made the calls for him, letting everyone know where he's at. But gawd, that dude was fooken dangerous with 5 other guys in the pattern.

No wonder ag pilots don't live very long

Mattpilot

So I guess it has become obvious by now that it was Avbug in a yellow Ag Cat scaring the hell out of everyone?

He has a TCAS monkey to do traffic watch for him when he's spraying, so everyone was safe, whether they knew it or not. The monkey sleeps most of the time, but when Avbug is heading for the airport, the monkey grabs the sides of the seat from behind, pulls himself forward so that his chin is actually resting on Avbug's noggin, and the little feller keeps his head on a constant 225 degree swivel. When he sees traffic he gives a little screech, which get louder and more urgent the closer the aircraft is to Avbug and his TCAS monkey. When he sees Flight Instructors giving primary dual he goes absolute ape $hit, so Avbug was, of course, in a hurry to get on the ground to shut the little bastidge up.

Minh

Should've sicked the trunk monkey on him...

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/29/51/

FL000

The TCAS monkey made a mess of the seats of my airplane and humped a passenger's leg - she wasn't happy. It is a real problem in the corporate world. So, we have sent him out to be fixed and there are no loaners, well, they had a TCAS turtle but I really didn't find him all that useful or attentive. I love the trunk monkey and I want one.

The fargen AG pilot was clearly in violation of 91.247:

§ 91.247 Playing Chicken.

(a) No person may operate an aircraft for the purpose of playing chicken unless both parties are equipped with a TCAS Monkey.

(b) Any aircraft engaged in playing chicken must -

(1) Call out the prospective opponent by rocking the wings while on final approach while the prospective opponent is on final approach to the opposing runway

(2) Observe the prospective opponent rock their wings.

(i) If the above is not observed, the game should be terminated and another opponent should be selected.

(c) In case of a tie game, the estates of both parties must notify the NTSB within 10 days.

Quote:

The TCAS monkey made a mess of the seats of my airplane and humped a passenger's leg

Just be thankful you didn't get stuck with a poo-flinger or a chronic masturbator. TCAS monkeys are awful handy, especially with crazy-assed Ag pilots and single-pilot, owner-flown King Airs and CJs running around all over the place like they own the sky er sump'n. But you get one of them poo-fling'n, dolphin-floggin TCAS monkeys and you got bigger problems than inconsiderate pilots, bro.

Be careful out there!

Minh

Latest resources

Back