Computers / Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ned

Does anybody out there work in a job where flying is just part of the job? I've been working in the IT field for a number of years and teaching flying part time for a couple years as well. I enjoy both, and I'd like to find a job where I can do some computer work and fly the company plane as well. Does anybody have a job like this? I went through the FAA's registry of aircraft for my area and identified those companies that own aircraft and found a few engineering firms and a computer consulting company that own aircraft. I sent the computer consulting company a resume just for kicks, but never a word back. So if you've got my dream job, how did you find it, and how do you like it?

Thanks...

Actually I just met a guy that flies for the company he works for. He is actually a banker who flies for the bank when he can. However, I would imagine these jobs are hard to come by. Most companies are going to want pilots who are ready when they need them as well as employees who are ready when they want them. The schedules are too conflicting. My suggestion...create a mega corporation like MS and they will probably let you do whatever you want.:) Sam Walton used to fly himself around for Wal-Mart. :)

Latest resources

Back