Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Opie-wan

For those of you military types who have had an interview--

How did you print out and package your printout from your electronic logbook for your interview? How did they like it? Any do's and don'ts?

I'm using a purchased program (I'm an Excel idiot). Thanks in advance.

All most airlines want to see in terms of a logbook is your green flying hour folder from base flight management. However, to put that information into something useable for applications will require some math. I took everything in my flying hour summary and put it into Excel. From there I subtotatled things into the appropriate categories. If you can't do Excel, you can always use a calculator! Of course, I provided the spreadsheets along with the green folder so the logbook checkers could compare the raw data to my summary tabulations. Never got one question about it from a logbook checker. They all seemed very happy with what I provided. If you far exceed the minimums, they probably won't really care about the exact numbers anyway. However, you can bet they closely examine the records of the person who only meets the mins by a couple of hours. Good luck. -- dgs

Opie -
I did the same thing as DGS and never got a question asked in two interviews. Make sure you get a current AF product, and take it with your green folder to the interview. I can e-mail you the excel spreadsheet I used if you want it.
Good Luck
Tnkr

I wouldn't worry about having your whole "logbook" printed. Have a summary page clearly titled. Tailor it to each airline you interview with. What I thought made sense (and it worked) was to was to have a column that shows your military time broken into the categories the specific airline's app has (ie PIC jet, SIC jet, Instructor, other, etc), then next to it have an airline column with any multipliers. 2 key points from a conservative guy: show your other time under your military column, but show it as zero under the airline column (that's right, don't count any other time); make sure your summary page military hours match your official military rip. Finally, a good little extra is to grab a graphic off the specific airline's website and add it to your summary--in color.

See

Latest resources

Back