• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Competive Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is not really a fact. I am a bit retarded and I have done fine so far. In an industry of the blind the one eye man is King!:)

Don't know exact competitive times but I would guess somewhere around the 4-5K mark. I think it really makes a difference how strong and the number of rec's you have. Management pilot rec's would tend to have more weight I believe but keep in mind UPS tends to hire folks from all walks of the avaition profession. As far as walking in a resume, I've heard that practice is not very well accepted by HR.

BD

Original post DELETED!

Apparently some took it seriously ...

Last edited:
Big Beer Belly said:
Of course ... as they should. Comparing mil to civ is like comparing post-graduate to kindergarten.

Most of the military pilots I've encountered seem to have an ego that exceeds their abilities as a pilot. Of course many of the crappy civilian-trained pilots I've encountered seem to have the same problem.....I have a hard time differentiating between the two groups usually.

Can't we all just get along? :rolleyes:

Big Beer Belly said:
Of course ... as they should. Comparing mil to civ is like comparing post-graduate to kindergarten.

Is this part of the briefing you give to your crew at the beginning of each trip? If so, how is that working for you?

I'm42 said:
Most of the military pilots I've encountered seem to have an ego that exceeds their abilities as a pilot. Of course many of the crappy civilian-trained pilots I've encountered seem to have the same problem.....I have a hard time differentiating between the two groups usually.

There are very good civilian pilots and military pilots, but on a whole, civilian pilots never had the opportunity to train like some military pilots. Civilan pilots probaly have shot more approaches down to mins than military pilots. However, civilian pilots never had to air refuel, ingress at night on a 300AGL low level, drop bombs on a target, get shot at by a SAM fly back to base and then shoot an approach to mins.
Different experiances, all good, but on average mil time is about equal to 3x as much civil time. I totally respect the civilian pilots that worked their way up to the big jets.

Cheers

psysicx said:
I don't want to start anything but are mil pilots getting on with less time?

His question should tip most anyone that all he wants is to bait people ...

Sorry, thought the sarcasm and absurdity of my post was obvious, apparently not.

Latest resources

Back