Competitive Qualifications for Airnet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

k2774

I currently have about 425TT/18M, and was wondering what the competitive times were at AIRNET? Do I have to meet the Pt 135 regs, or are they taking low time guys? I also have a master's degree in Physics, could this give me some edge?

I wish I had a master's in Physic's... I don't think they're taking guys with your time right now..

Sir Humpalot - Do you work at airnet? What if one comes on at 1,000 hours do you wind up PIC at 1,200? I am thinking about stickin it out with ATP until I have 1,000 PIC and then going somewhere else.

Well, according to a job listing on Climbto350.com for pilots at Airnet......

AirNet Express is a time-critical freight airline delivering superior service and on-time performance. Be the BEST pilot. Short of going to war, there is no more demanding flying. This is a career development opportunity.

:eek:

FracCapt said:

AirNet Express is a time-critical freight airline delivering superior service and on-time performance. Be the BEST pilot. Short of going to war, there is no more demanding flying. This is a career development opportunity.

In the words of Quagmire

"Oh right, giggity giggity giggity!!"

The SIC program at Airnet is quickly dwindling. It will be eliminated in the next few months. After that, Airnet will only be taking people with 135 PIC mins. Still a great place to work and jet upgrades are running about a year to 15 months.

FracCapt said:

:rolleyes: Uh, no. To me this is far easier flying than being a CFI. Things that happen one day here, usually don't carry on to the next day. I just remember lots of hours with paperwork and checkride prep for students under 141, and days that could get extended pretty late. I had students that went to war, and I would never compare freight flying to that. I have the highest respect for those who have served our country.

Check out Airnet on aviation interviews, the last 10 or so posts have guys with much less than 1200TT, and I just recently had a rider that was interviewing and he had 700TT. Unfortunately, because of our attrition, I believe the SIC program will be around. I agree it is a big expense that we shouldn't have, but we have to get PIC pilots somewhere. I'm just glad we aren't one of those pay for right seat time places:D .

AirNet is an awesome place to work. The experience is great, people are fun, and maint. is 2nd to none. And to answer your question about time, well keep your resume updated online and get the 1200tt then your chances are much better.

Latest resources

Back