Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

[email protected]

jet driver
If I was the a December class, any idea around what my seniority number would be? Confirming al new-hires are still getting a type rating, right? What about upgrade time? I've heard from 6 mos to 2.5 years, which ranges from great to adios. Insight appreciated.

Friend of mine starts in a week and is saying he'll be #121 if I remember correctly. He thinks he'll upgrade somewhere around April-May.

Hmm. I'm a 9/21 hire and am #109 so I'm thinking your friend is gonna be well past #121. They're telling us Feb upgrades but running the numbers that seems pretty optimistic, most people I talk to seem to think Aprilish upgrades for the 100-115 range.

Once you hit #180 it's about a one year upgrade unless attrition picks up. After that it's all dependent on attrition.

Newhires are still getting typed as captains and doing IOE in the left seat (plus 5 hrs for FO qual).

I started Early Sept. Did one month home study, back to MSP in OCt and then to Montreal. Currently I am in the mid 90's with another 18 or so already here in Montreal behind me. A friend starts on the 16th of Nov to do his 1 day in MSP he is expecting anywhere from 160-170ish for a seniority, there is supposed to be anywhere from 18-24 newhires on that day.
If you dont start at all till mid Dec I would guess you would be 170-180's. that would be a possible upgrade at the end of 08. As always this is all speculation. I have not seen a seniority list in a month, so I dont think anyone can give you a very accurate #.

I would best guess mid to end Feb at early side for me to upgrade.

All pilots are getting full types.

I was hired for the mid-Dec. class. I was told roughly 160-170 on the senority list and 1 year upgrade.

Just looking for an update on Compass Airlines...

Are the hiring plans maintaining at 250 for 2008?

Is it still a good time to get hired with the planned hiring or has the window of opportunity passed?

What is the upgrade outlook at this point?

Is it easy to adjust your schedule? i.e. drop trips, trade trips, etc.

Are the lines productive?

How many a/c do they anticipate taking delivery of in 2008?

Will they interview someone with 121 experience but short of the 1000multi req by 300-400 hours?

"How many a/c do they anticipate taking delivery of in 2008?"

Well,... if NWA keeps parking the DC9's, there is 108 of 'em left, Compass could be really big !

Latest resources

Back