Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass Pilot Ground Instructor Position???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi!

Anyone have an info on this position? Salary, duties, etc.

I just applied for it, and am trying to find out more info.

Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

cliff
GRB

Cliff, just ran across this post and let me help if I can.

Compass also offerred me a ground instructor position on the CRJ-900 a year ago, starting at $45 grand a year. I turned it down only because CAE SimuFlite offered me a better position at $125 thousand.

You know what was terrible stupid of me? I went to work for a regional, making a lot less money but CAE has been kind to me letting me work when I can.

I guess it depends on where you want to live, best wishes.

Compass also offerred me a ground instructor position on the CRJ-900 a year ago, starting at $45 grand a year. I turned it down only because CAE SimuFlite offered me a better position at $125 thousand.

I'd guess that Compass is hiring an E175 or indoc instructor, seeing as they don't own or operate any CRJ-900s.

They mentioned the instructor job to me in passing when I applied at Compass, I believe it pays somewhere in the mid 30's and doesn't include any flying, type rating, or seniority benefits.

Although, they have purchased their own simulator and are making plans to do more instruction on their own, versus contracted out. Perhaps this new posting is related to that.

Mid 30's should attract some quaility instructors. I mean really!

Maybe some Gulfstream Academy folks might jump on that.

Hi!

I am trying to get an idea of what is reasonable. A tng guy from my last/current airline suggested about $65K.

I'm pretty sure that at TSA, ALL the instructors got pay = to the ERJ-145 (highest paying airframe) capt pay for their year of service.

Any other instructor pay examples, or any other info is appreciated!

cliff
GRB

If it's simply a ground instructor (ie non-sim instructor) position, I would seriously doubt it's 65K. Regional Industry Standards for ground instructors is well south of that. You'll be lucky to be between 30 and 40.

If it's a non-union position, I doubt that they would tie it to any airframe payscale.

Hi!

I am trying to get an idea of what is reasonable. A tng guy from my last/current airline suggested about $65K.

Then you would make more than just about any pilot there! Sorry to say but I would guess the 45 to 50 would be more in the neighborhood.

But I will say this..If you can give better quality, organized training than we got the first time through YOU ARE HIRED!!!!

Hi!

My buddy at Compass thought about $45K. I would consider the job, if offered to me, at that level, but my CEO has the final say.

I am a great classroom instructor-have done it for about 11 years, both full time and as a substitute teacher; for students from Kindergarten to age 56.

Would prefer to fly, but "You Don't Always Get What You Want"!!!

cliff
GRB

Then you would make more than just about any pilot there! Sorry to say but I would guess the 45 to 50 would be more in the neighborhood.

But I will say this..If you can give better quality, organized training than we got the first time through YOU ARE HIRED!!!!

I don't know about the 121 world, but Instructors generally do make more than the Pilots in the GA world.....

Latest resources

Back