Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass guys, what's up with the flowthrough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. The flow will end because Delta likes to select the "chosen" ones.

2. You flow to the bottom, just like you would be if you hired on in the first place. The flowbacks come in at the top....Hmmmm....sounds like a bad deal to me.

3. If you want the bottom, just apply and get hired...you don't need a "flowthrough".

You are the dumbest thing on the internet, I'm convinced.

1. Compass just worked with Delta to revamp the interview process. The two are now almost identical.

2. The flowbacks go to the top of Compass but if you flow up then you are still going to flow back to the top of the Compass list too. The flowback probably had a hand in preventing Delta furloughs this past two years.

3. Yes, just apply. Why are you even bring up off the street hiring in a thread about the flow agreements?

Wow.

2. You flow to the bottom, just like you would be if you hired on in the first place. The flowbacks come in at the top....Hmmmm....sounds like a bad deal to me.

3. If you want the bottom, just apply and get hired...you don't need a "flowthrough".

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Fortunately for you, you have nothing to worry about. You are not part of the flow. You are not part of the flow back. Everybody is happy. The Compass guys will be estatic when they are making more than you in 2 or 3 years.

I love it.

Yeah, I'm sure the flow will end one day. Nothing last forever.

Yes, you start at the bottom of the list. That is the same everywhere, does your company put newhires at the top?

Yes, you can apply and get hired, you don't have to flow. We are hiring off the street if your interested.

I don't understand your attacks on the flow to be honest. Everyone hired at Compass knew there was some gamble and now it looks like those who gambled will get the reward. If they like where they're at, they can stay. What is the big deal? This wasn't hidden from them when they were hired, its part of the contract.

:bawling::bawling::bawling:
Must be tough watching all your f/o's go places while you're still stuck at ASA!
Of course it does, you're not part of it. Of course you're also the same ****************************** bag that helped start the rjdc. Look at how successful that was!:laugh:
Don't worry Joe, being stuck at ASA isn't all that bad, at least you're still dating the "fat chick.":laugh:

Read the post above this one -- Jiminmem is absolutely right.

Since Compass was created people have been saying nonstop that the pilots there would be furloughed any month now due to mainline flowbacks. So far in this recession mainline just barely scraped by without sending anyone to the street. I am impressed at that, really, because so many other companies were not able to do that. Heck, look at UPS now furloughing in the face of an economic upswing! Unbelievable.

So, in return for 'keeping the seats warm' we see the flowthrough agreement about to work in the upwards direction.

I do agree with you -- the upward movement at Compass during this downturn has been a very unique situation. Bad times, but the place was created right before that started and very very few of the fNWA guys on the street took the opportunity to come back to CPZ before going all the way back to mainline, so they ended up needing new hires and of course there were some fast upgrades and such.

There is one more thing. You say that the people at Compass are a lucky bunch. In some ways, yes -- I mentioned those above. But when you examine the resumes of most of the pilots at Compass you would realize that although they are fortunate for the upward movement, very very very many of them had no opportunity to continue flying at their former employers, to include:
Gemini
ATA
Aloha
DHL
Continental
United
US Airways
NetJets
Comair
Midwest
Skyway
ExpressJet

The list goes on. Lucky, yes in some ways. But many would have stayed put if they could have. Fortunately, they found Compass and it's worked out alright so far (albeit an enormous paycut and QOL cut for most).
Good post don't forget Mesaba

Thanks for resurrecting this thread Minnesotan....Looks like I was right about the flow....Amazing how many suckers fall for it each time....

Thanks for resurrecting this thread Minnesotan....Looks like I was right about the flow....Amazing how many suckers fall for it each time....

Did they stop the Flow??? I was hoping it would work out for them. PDT/PSA/ALG got to see how it works! We got screwed!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back