• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MSNFlier

I saw this posting on another board I visit from time to time:

Incident on Compass Flight 2078 on 2-22

Northwest (Compass operated) flight #2078 MSP-BIL on Sunday evening had an incident when a Compass flight attendant went (for lack of a better word) postal towards another flight attendant. I was due to fly back on the return of this flight #1925 on Monday morning. We were delayed for more than four hours as an entire new flight crew (including pilots) were flown to BIL on the next flight the following day. It was rumored that the incident escalated to the point that passengers were ready to intervene. Compass just started flying this route in the last several days and I have to say that I am underwhelmed by the professional conduct of the flight crews. Coupled with earlier incidents by Compass FAs I wonder about continuing to fly NWA as long as Compass is operating this route.

I haven't looked on NWA's web site to see how they characterized this, but what I'm wondering is whether this is something any of you have encountered in your careers. I can't imagine being a passenger and being put in the middle of what seems to be quite a debacle, much less the Captain of this flight.

Here's a link to the actual thread.

Cat fight!!

This same thing happend on a Mesaba Avro about three years ago in Memphis. Only could find one article about it:

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Mesaba.flight.attendant.2.322375.html?detectflash=false

Rumor has it that our very own SEVEN was the FO on the flight and that he had been pressing their buttons, starting rumors, and generally stirring the pot with these two and that is what actually got them set off. Hard to believe, I know.

I had a flight delayed an hour because the flight attendants got into a screaming match after the passengers deplaned. It escalated over the course of a four day trip and came to a head at an outstation with one leg to go (ONE!!!).

I was able to talk the one who abandoned the airplane into rejoining us so we could all go home. One of the more interesting conversations of my career.

Me: "Can you do the safety aspects of your job? You don't have to like her you just have to work with her for another hour so we can go home."

Her: "Yeah, I can do it...but do you know how much I hate that *expletive deleted*?!"

Me: "I don't think you understand what I'm saying..."

I'm wondering is whether this is something any of you have encountered in your careers. I can't imagine being a passenger and being put in the middle of what seems to be quite a debacle, much less the Captain of this flight.

Here's a link to the actual thread.

I had one of ASA's senior mammas go after a new girl on leg 1 of a 4 day. After we deplaned, the new girl was in tears, and din't want to continue. I told miss senior that she was going to apologize and make nice for the rest of the 4 day, or I was having her replaced. She screamed at me that I couldn't do that, so when we got back to ATL she had 3 supervisors waiting on her, and she was off the trip. Me and her got along pretty well after that. New girl finished the trip with us.

I had a flight delayed an hour because the flight attendants got into a screaming match after the passengers deplaned. It escalated over the course of a four day trip and came to a head at an outstation with one leg to go (ONE!!!).

I was able to talk the one who abandoned the airplane into rejoining us so we could all go home. One of the more interesting conversations of my career.

Me: "Can you do the safety aspects of your job? You don't have to like her you just have to work with her for another hour so we can go home."

Her: "Yeah, I can do it...but do you know how much I hate that *expletive deleted*?!"

Me: "I don't think you understand what I'm saying..."

Try "Not as much as I'm hating both of you right now. Can you shut your mouths long enough to get back to base? At that point you can kill each other for all I care. Otherwise the FO and I are repoing this back without both of you and you can spend the night in (insert podunk town we are at)"

But knowing I get that way after 6 days straight that's why I bid for highspeeds now....

Latest resources

Back