Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

check six

Compass E175 drivers:

What does she fly like? I have flown an A320 sim at the UAL training center and was told it was similar although a little heavier.

Are they fly by wire?

Thanks,

Check Six

I would imagine it flies a lot like Shuttle America, Republic, Jet Blue, and Air Canada's Embraers. I don't know how the Airbus flies, but on ours, if you pull back the houses get smaller, push forward the houses get bigger. Left and Right are pretty self explanatory, and our throttles actually move...a lot. All fly by wire except the ailerons.

Yes, fly-by-wire except for the ailerons. It flies nice. I can't compare it to an airbus.

Shut it down, start it back up = ctrl-alt-delete. The printer blows and the seat will give you permanent nerve damage to your legs. Pretty much all you need to know.

Last edited:
Shut it down, start it back up = ctrl-alt-delete. The printer blows and the seat will give you permanent nerve damage to your legs. Pretty much all you need to know.

....so pretty much JUST like the 145!

"A little heavier than a A320"?!?! Umm... Sidestick vs Ram Horns... might be a bit of a difference

"A little heavier than a A320"?!?! Umm... Sidestick vs Ram Horns... might be a bit of a difference
I think that was meant as "it doesn't perform as well" which is a true statement. The 319/320 could out-climb us any day of the week.

I thought the rams horn yoke would suck but I adapted in one sim session. I'm now a believer in the rams horns.

E very
M echanical
B reackdown
R requires
A n
E lecrical
R eset

It's incredible someone can build a machine that flies at 4/5ths the speed of sound six miles in the sky, and the printer only works half the time.

Every Maintenance BS Requires An Electric Reset.

I think of it more as "The Embryo"; it looks like a baby airbus, but half-baked and kinda goofy.

The seats on the flight deck are as awful as others have pointed out. You spend $25k on a car and you get fantastic seats, you blow $30mil. on a plane and you get hard flat seats that can articulate to 400 different positions of uncomfortable.

Control feel is sort of stiff and springy with a strong "on-center" feel. It is better flown with control pressure and patience, rather than gross control movement.

Mind the autothrottles, they're always about half of a beat behind the airplane when making speed changes and they will error to the low side on gusty winds on approach.

Overall though, it is an extemely easy and forgiving airplane to fly.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back