Compass E175

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the input guys.

When I flew the A320 sim at the UAL training center itflew like a Microsoft flight sim.

So my initial quesiton was............Does the E175 fly like a Microsoft flight sim?

Also, for the Compass check ride, do you do any raw data approaches or is it all flight director?

Thanks,

Check Six

Thanks for the input guys.

When I flew the A320 sim at the UAL training center itflew like a Microsoft flight sim.

So my initial quesiton was............Does the E175 fly like a Microsoft flight sim?

Also, for the Compass check ride, do you do any raw data approaches or is it all flight director?

Thanks,

Check Six

Unfortunately it is all FD and Autopilot. I'd like to see a raw data ils added, but reality is it is rare to not have it. I'm not even sure it is deferrable (don't have a Mel handy).

The Flight Path Vector makes almost all hand flown maneuvers pieces of cake.

Last edited:
Honest question.... Can you even get the thing "full naked" as in no FD/AP/FD?

That's what I call flying.

I think of it more as "The Embryo"; it looks like a baby airbus, but half-baked and kinda goofy.
First time I saw one of Mid-Titanic's in PHL it was taxiing behind an A319. I thought the 319 had taken a dump that had winglets.

It is, and always will be the JungleBus.

Compass E175 drivers:

What does she fly like? I have flown an A320 sim at the UAL training center and was told it was similar although a little heavier.

Are they fly by wire?

Thanks,

Check Six

Forget how it flys. This is a job. How does it pay? That should be the first thing you ask

Compass E175 drivers:

What does she fly like? I have flown an A320 sim at the UAL training center and was told it was similar although a little heavier.

Are they fly by wire?

Thanks,

Check Six

Are you for real or do you just play a dork on flightinfo?

The EMB flys like nice....good "seat-of-the-pants" feel......you can trim it......you can dump your ailerons into to wind and hold centerline with rudder at 50RA and it holds it nicely.......
The Bus has a very sterile feel, if any feel at all......no trimming....so you always get the the baloon when dumping flaps......cross wind landings are fine, but it's the "kick rudder" in the round out that works for me. A school house dude told me "it's like jerk'in off with a glove on.". I do love the Bus, very roomy cockpit, very quiet. But there are flying jets, and flying the Bus.....

Cut the dude a break........we all got into this gig because we like airplanes and flying......at least he has the bawls to ask a question about different jets without the fear of being perceived as "uncool".........when on a mil trip/deployment, i'm the first "nerd" to run across the ramp to see what the other unit has to play with. Could be the Bone down to a C-12.....they're all airplanes and we are ALL interested in them.

Honest question.... Can you even get the thing "full naked" as in no FD/AP/FD?

That's what I call flying.

for the 170/190 - yes.

turn AP, AT off and push the FD button and everything will go away. On the attitude indicator you will be left with the black pitch bar and green flight path vector.

You can also get the same result by turning off the AP and AT then pressing the GA button and then the TCS on the yoke. No need to reach up to the guidance panel. This worked in the Dash8 also (sans AT) so I guess it may be true for other aircraft.

Latest resources

Back