Company financial question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hootie9750

Hey guys, Im currently a 135 freight guy who would someday down the road like to get on with CS, NJA, or Flex. I have kind of a vague question that I thought somebody might be able to answer. Since Berkshire Hathaway is a private company, and Flex is somewhere under Bombardier, and CS under somewhere in the conglomerate of Textron, I can't find any financial statements for these companies, or really even anything specific relating to the numbers about their financial well being inside of their respective parent companies annual report. I mean I can easily get Delta's financials and see what their problem is or go get Fedex's 10k and see how much they are making but I can' find anything on any fractionals and that is my current career goal (NJA especially).

So if anyone could enlighten me on how well or poorly your company is doing currently in the short term and if you see anything long term, I would appreciate it. Im hoping that everyone is a viable business and not just a tax write off for a parent company.

Thank you for any positive input, I'd appreciate it

It may have something to do with the fact that frac companies are managing the planes for the owners and aren't supposed to be turning a huge profit with planes they don't own....a rather sticky situation. When my husband was doing research, as you are in order to decide about NJA, he felt that the BH connection was a solid foundation. During the contract battle NJ lost money due to sell-offs to vendors but they are again making a profit. Good Luck with your decision -- career planning is one of the big ones.
Best Wishes,
Netjetwife

This may help too. Although NJA is always vague about the money, the company has been around awhile. ExecutiveJet, our name prior to NetJets, has been around since 1964. In 1986, Santulli started Netjets fractional as a part of ExecJet and here we are today. So even though the money part is up, then down, we couldn't have been around this long if we weren't "viable".
just my thought.

This may help too. Although NJA is always vague about the money, the company has been around awhile. ExecutiveJet, our name prior to NetJets, has been around since 1964. In 1986, Santulli started Netjets fractional as a part of ExecJet and here we are today. So even though the money part is up, then down, we couldn't have been around this long if we weren't "viable".
just my thought.

Agreed. I guess I'm poking the question to see how the crystal ball looks for the fracs as a long term business plan. Im mean the regionals are a "viable business" but I wouldn't want their lifestyle as an employee.

he felt that the BH connection was a solid foundation.

My thought on that is BH could sell netjets whenever. Could the current contract maintain or improve under new ownership?

Thanks for both of your imputs so far.

Nothing is gauranteed. We have folks who were flying for Fortune 100 companies for years and all was well until they merged with so and so cpmpany...and here they are. I think that being autonomous from any airframe manufacturer is a plus. BH is a plus. And our CONTRACT does have language to protect us in the event we are ever sold. A plus!

I listned to a speech Mr. Buffet gave. This speech partly weighs into my decision to apply to NJA. He said paraphrased "I dont really now how to run any of my 100 or so companys. I look at the management team in place and evalute what kind of job they are doing. He also said its not really about the money its about being passionate about what you do.

Just to clear up something stated above, Berkshire Hathaway is NOT a private company.

You can get limited NJA financial information from Berkshire Hathaway financial reports although a lot of the $$$ numbers are lumped in with Flight Safety. See http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/ for links.

Good luck.

....I guess I'm poking the question to see how the crystal ball looks for the fracs as a long term business plan. ....

Many rely on the past to help predict the unknown future. Consider that the fractional industry expanded post 9-11 when the regular airlines furloughed pilots. Future security concerns and the inconveniences pax now accept as the reality of flying, are incentives for those who can afford fractional transportation to naturally prefer that option given the much less attractive alternative.

I think Flexjets is the "Safest" bet. There will always be a fractional market for Lears and Challengers. And Netjets will never sell them... So Bombardier will have to keep Flex going whether or not there are operating profits.

Gun,
Are you serious? I could ramble on but after spending nine hours in an ERJ for a three hour flight, well I am lucky to be home alive. (Delta operated by Commakazi Air)

Latest resources

Back