Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WalterSobchak

Am I wrong?
Just wondering how many of you have commuters in your office. SGU is damn near uncommutable, but I'm curious as to how viable commuting is with some of the more commutable offices.

Getting to/from SGU is damn near impossible. That was one of the reasons I left...

Now i drive 25 miles each way to where I work.

We had a dispatcher that commuted from SEA. Guess the commute got to him, he died in December of 2002. The ONLY bid he could work and commute was graveyard. No pun intended! :rolleyes:

My wife has made noise of relocating to Florida now and then, the SW SRQ/TPA area, Lakewood Ranch specifically. I told her unless I can drive to an airline gig, commuting out of that part of Florida would be near next to impossible; and I wouldnt be interested....

I remember when I was at UAL, we had more pilots living in the MCO area than any other area of the country.

Was that S.K.??

RIP

Yes it was...we miss his morning sermons!

He was an ordained Lutheran minister. Every morning when we walked in the door, he would drop what he was doing stand up and pass out a paper filled with scriptures, and messages of enlightenment!

He was funny because when the flight crews would ask "WHY" he had them doing something out of the ordinary (i.e. non-standard route). He would reply with authority, "Because I'm the dispatcher"!!

Yes it was...we miss his morning sermons!

He was an ordained Lutheran minister. Every morning when we walked in the door, he would drop what he was doing stand up and pass out a paper filled with scriptures, and messages of enlightenment!

And I probably wouldve thrown them back in his face, or torn it up in his face.

Shalom...

Latest resources

Back