Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Windsor

I do 5x5's
Seeing as how I cant get a parking pass for the airport where I live, I'm going to attempt to park in a nearby hotel lot and take the shuttle to the airport for my commute to my base. I'm sure I'm not the only cheap bastard whos had this idea. I was wondering if anyone out there has had any bad expierences with the hotels ticketing and towing. Any info on dtw and mke specifically would be helpful.

I'm assuming your airline doesn't layover in that city, if they did it wouldn't be a problem to park there. Your not a cheap ba$tard, you're smart, I would think if it's a real big hotel your chances of getting caught are slim, smaller hotels might require some deal with the hotel management to be safe.

Keep you car washed and put some hotel brochures on the dashboard ;)

I always used the local FBO where I live. Knew all the folks there from having flowing in and out over the years. I tipped 'em well, and always had a ride to and from the terminal for every sequence.

Works like a charm.

talk to the mgmt

I worked for a summer and a half way back when for a Sheraton that was very aggressive about towing, esp when the hotel was near full. At the same time, the mgmt really valued community opinion and would have made an arrangement for something like this if asked (though we weren't near an airport).

-TF

Latest resources

Back