• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Commuting over Thanksgiving???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not rich either, but I'll be shelling out for a T-giving ticket this year too. Mostly because I'm working on the 24th and don't wanna gamble on the 25th. I'm a meanie, dammit.

CatfishVT9 said:
OK, so I bought the ticket. That's probably good advice for the peace of mind.

AirTran has a 1 hour policy for the JS. Seniority first for prior to 1 hour, inside that, first to sign up owns it.

Now for how to get back to work on Saturday.............
I've did the commute for a few years and didn't have much of a problem. I've never bought a ticket, either. Patience, Grasshopper, patience.

Between the JS on Airtran, and the grave possibility of Delta, you might have had a chance. Try it, unless the ticket is non-refundable. You can try MCO or DAB, also, as long as you don't mind the drive. Try SRQ or GNV, too. I commuted out of MCO, and have not gotten home on the same day once, and had to fly into DAB only once. Call it luck, I guess. Try flying down on the first flight out Thursday morning. Fatigue will suck, but the loads will be light.

If you can come back up to ATL on Thursday night, do it. Most planes are empty. Other than that, Friday morning or forget it. Starting Friday night, most loads begin to pick up again to avoid the "rush".

Good luck with the commute. I did it for 3 years.

LTG

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back