Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NEDude

yada yada yada
Anyone out there know if this is a difficult commute or not? Looks like 13 non-stops/day between American, United and Airways. Only done it once on UAL from ORD to PHX and had no problem. Curious if it is doable on a regular basis before I put a bid in for ORD.

Yes I did a search before asking.

AA uses MD80s that are always severely weight restricted, too hot in PHX in the summer and ORD weather in the winter.

Judging from your profile you're at United, which means you'd have no problem commuting on them, because I do not believe there are many UA commuters on that route. You may occasionally run into some west coast commuter two-legging it through Phoenix, but that's it.

Also, as you probably know, AA, UA and US are all in different terminals so you may be doing some terminal hopping. 2 and 3 are connected by a walkway but 4 is a bus-only adventure.

Not at UAL. All would be offline. Thanks for the info about American, didn't even think about weight restrictions on the Mad Dogs.

NEDude:

Commuting to ORD out of PHX is not to bad. I did for about a year. Airways usually is sold out, but 70% percent of the time has a jumpseat available. Do have a few guys commuting out of ORD, but some go to LAS.

My experience when I was with UAL, that commuting can be a crap shoot. Sometimes at a problem, other times a pain.

Do not forget about SWA. If you don't mind going into MDW, they are a viable option. Have commuted on them before to ORD, not a problem. Though I don't know how many of their pilots/FAs commute between the two cities.

Just my input.

iflyhigh

commute

Plan on riding up front a lot. With the cut backs this fall lots of full planes. Winters loads are heavy with snowbirds going back and forth.....

Latest resources

Back