Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Commute from Central Florida to Atlanta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

How hard is the commute from Central florida to Atlanta? I am talking from gainesville, tampa, orlando, sarasota. (primarily Tampa or Sarasota)
Are ASA's lines pretty commutable?

Any ideas?

Thanks

That depends if you are coming to ASA or not. Realistically, your gonna start paying to ride on Delta as of 12/1 for Tampa and Orlando; if you cannot get the jumpseat. Our flights out of SRQ through my experience have always run pretty full. The good news is that it is a 70 seater 95% of the time. So weight restrictions may not always apply. A lot of people commute out of FL. But that is definitely not to say that it is impossible. Just always leave a plan B. Another thing to think about is Air Tran out of SRQ as well. Good luck to ya. GNV is either a 200 or it is an ATR. Short rwy, and wt. heavy loads are bad mixes for a 200, and an ATR is broke 30% of the time. I am sure equally as full. Just keep that in mind also.

Last edited:
That depends if you are coming to ASA or not. Realistically, your gonna start paying to ride on Delta as of 12/1 for Tampa and Orlando; if you cannot get the jumpseat. .

This is an incorrect statement as we have unlimited flowback with all airlines here at Delta now. So if you are a pilot and don't get the actual jumpseat you can flowback to the cabin without charge. As for the pay per segment to nonrev, I haven't seen anything other than your status changing from DOH to S3C like Skywest.

do not do it

If you have a choice, do not commute from central florida. It is good when kids are in school, bad when they are out. ie disney. Thanksgiving to begin of Jan, bad. Jan Feb ok. Mar, April, spring break. May ok. Jun july august, summer bad. sep oct ok. Then start the cycle over.

MCO to ATL not good. MCO was a 737 base until about 03 04. Now all those guys commute up to ATL. They can reserve the FLight deck an entire month ahead.

Have fun with that.

This is an incorrect statement as we have unlimited flowback with all airlines here at Delta now. So if you are a pilot and don't get the actual jumpseat you can flowback to the cabin without charge. As for the pay per segment to nonrev, I haven't seen anything other than your status changing from DOH to S3C like Skywest.

Sir-
I will concede that I did not take into consideration the "unlimited jumpseat" policy, and I do sincerely apologize for conveying half true info. But as far as paying non-rev offline. $50/yr for Travelnet (as before) plus $5 fee, and one cent for every air mile travelled. Also, you are bottom of the list if you chose another DCI carrier or mainline for that matter. The only people you are above at that point are buddy pass pax, and retirees. The "plus" side is that the inverse holds true for ASA flights. We knew it was coming, but I think all will agree that it was done in a very awkward and unpopular manner.

long and skinny, dont commute from Central FL. Especially being junior
I have to agree also. I commuted out of MCO for a year and a half and it was a pain in the a$$. I finally gave up and got a corporate gig here in central Florida. It is really hard around holidays, all summer and from January through April! Good luck.

$50/yr for Travelnet (as before) plus $5 fee, and one cent for every air mile travelled.

Don't forget that the $5 fee is per segment, not per trip. If you have to 2 or 3 leg it to get somewhere, the cost increases.

LTG

The best thing for you is to commute out of an ASA city atleast. That way you can lock up the jumpseat 48-hours in advance. Second, watch out for the -200 if it needs alternate fuel. You could be in trouble. Although, Florida, with a "kid count" can be used to your advantage.

Don't forget that the $5 fee is per segment, not per trip. If you have to 2 or 3 leg it to get somewhere, the cost increases.

LTG

Oh yeah, I knew I forgot that selling point. Blows to have to pay to go to your under paid job. But, I will admit, I will still do it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back