commutair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tri

Does anybody know how Commutair is doing? I just got called for an interview, and was wondering if they are growing, financially stable, etc. I'm at Eagle now, but am pretty junior, esp. after they furlough these 60.

Thanks

Commutair is doing well now. They have started ops in CLE flying old COEX prop routes. They are hiring through the summer to fill the two planes per month that they are adding in CLE

Commutair

Yeah but they also furloughed over half of us in Aug. 2001 and sent 13 airplanes back.

Ask a Commutair pilot if he plans to move to CLE and see what they say.

I plan to move to CLE. Ooops wait, I already have. So have 30 others (who were here before the furloghed COEX guys) with no plans to go back to ALB, ROC or PLB.

Things are very good here and the Cleveland thing has been great. This is a very different place than it was during the summer of 2001 (yes I got furlouged then as well).

Yeah but they also furloughed over half of us in Aug. 2001 and sent 13 airplanes back.

What's your story dhc8ap? Everyone who was furloughed at CommutAir had the opportunity to come back and now everyone who was furloughed is upgrading. I don't know what happened to you but your posts lead me to believe that you are mad at CommutAir. We all make choices and coming to CommutAir turned out to be a good choice for me. I'm interested to know why you are so bitter.

Does anybody know how Commutair is doing? I just got called for an interview, and was wondering if they are growing, financially stable, etc. I'm at Eagle now, but am pretty junior, esp. after they furlough these 60.

I think you will be much happier at CommutAir than at Eagle from what I hear. Good luck on your interview.

I am not bitter at Commutair. I am very grateful to them for giving me a job. Had I not gotten that job, I wouldn't have gotten hired elsewhere. It's just that right now we have a tendency to blame everything negative that's going on in the industry back to 9/11. Well, Commutair is a reminder that furloughs can happen without 9/11 too. Anyone who can get hired there should tough it out. A flying job is better than no job.

Probably the only thing I am bitter about is the fact that I slept on an air mattress for 6 mos then finally went and bought furniture for the apt. only to get furloughed 2 weeks later.

Anyone interested, I'll make 'em a good deal on some furniture in storage in SYR

Latest resources

Back