• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CommutAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How would you know you want a particular job until you interview with the company?

Yea but this isn't a real world job, it's the airlines, there are only a few and they are very well documented. Commutair is a low paid prop operator that does dash8 flying in the NE. The interview isn't going to change that basic info. If you didn't know that going into the interview, then you didn't do your research.

Hi!

If the CommuteAir job is "better", overall, than your current situation, take it. If it is not, don't take it.

IF there is enough information available, you may know before you interview if you want to take the job or not. I would NEVER go into an interview, without finding out as much as practical about the company first.

It IS reasonable that, at the interview, you may find out things that may change your mind about wanting/not wanting the job.

Good luck, and God bless!
cliff
VCP

u always take the interview and you always take the class to either get current, get soem regional experience, and of course get the sic or pic type.
this industry seems to change daily in both directions--- change with it, adpat, or die.

i flew on them two days ago in a dash from cle -sbn-- smoking hot blonde flight attendant-- shes the only one though - as ive done that leg many times. thats prob the best thing about that airline im guessing.

get current, get a better job, get to the better airline by regional hopping to a jet

It would probably improve your flying skills. Flying into lovely EWR all day on short hops in good and bad weather. I hear the Dashers also have EFIS/FMS, so you get some glass (the glass experience gained flying your Citation Bravo won't go to waste).

How many legs to the Commutair pilots tend to fly per day?

Just understand that it's a low-paying job, and probably will continue to be so for a while until the union strengthens. To give you an idea of what you're dealing with, management's proposal for the first contract was a 9% pay cut from what are already shockingly low wages. Just keep that in mind.

Commutair out there?

Is Commutair hiring for the spring classes?
, How are the Dashes compared to 1900 besides a lav? Did you finally unionize? I was an FO in CLE in 2004. I moved back home for a better deal with a FAR 91 operator. That lasted 1 year, but sure was fun. I have been CFIing and flying with my local CAP unit and doing frequent Angle Flights in a P-Barron around TX and OK. That keeps me in enough plane debt but keeps the log book busy too!

Commutair? YOU can be Timmy Martins f/o!

Latest resources

Back