• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Commutair these days?

SmellsLikeAvGas

Total Time
How's Commutair doing these days? They seem pretty quiet.
What's the latest since voting in the union?

NEDude

yada yada yada
Total Time
6000+
I am a former CommutAir guy and on my commute home last week sat next to a senior CommutAir captain whom I flew with several times during my five years there. We talked for a few hours about the comings and goings, unions, ESOP lawsuit, etc. In the end the entire conversation can be summed up this way - it is a mess over there right now. As an example the pilots voted in ALPA with near 100% (minus only a few management pilots), it was the highest percentage vote in ALPA history. The flight attendants unionized with nearly 100% as well. Now the mechanics are on the verge of unionizing. When three major employee groups unionize within a year, two with close to 100%, you know that is a bad sign.

Good luck to all of my old friends over there, a better group of pilots you will not find; a worse management you will not find either. It is certainly not like it was when Vanda was there.

Last edited:

QOL_is_great:)

What the?
Total Time
>6500
writing is on the wall

That's how I see it. It doesn't take much to is the writing on the wall.
Good luck and do have a plan if the boat sinks.