Commutair Selling -1900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LaxPilot

I heard that commutair is selling two of the -1900's to a private company in GA. Tails 837CA and 838CA. This should be happing by the end of Aug.

What's the word up there?

Lakes just sold 5. Who knew there was actually a market for heaps pushing 30,000 hours and twice that many cycles...

Is Commutair going to leave town as a result of this or is somebody fronting the money to move them over to the old air base? You gotta love the hope of these people. Jetblue going to Plattsburgh... :rolleyes:

Plattsburgh, New York - July 13, 2005

Air travel to Plattsburgh could soon be taking off. Wednesday night, the Clinton County Legislature signed off on plans for a new airport at the old air base. Plans call for a $7.5 million terminal to be built along the flight line that once accommodated Air Force planes. The initial construction will be about 30,000 square feet, with plenty of room to grow.

"While it won't be a Taj Mahal, it will be nicely done," explains Clinton County legislator James Langley. "It will be pleasing and expandable to the needs of what we will need in the future."

The small regional carrier Commutair is the only airline operating out of the existing county airport, but officials hope the new larger facility will one day accommodate a major discount airline, like Southwest or JetBlue.

Ground breaking on the new airport is expected to take place August 15th. Construction is expected to take about 18 months.

Plattsburgh said:
Air travel to Plattsburgh could soon be taking off. Wednesday night, the Clinton County Legislature signed off on plans for a new airport at the old air base... Officials hope the new larger facility will one day accommodate a major discount airline, like Southwest or JetBlue.

These people are absolutely delusional. Burlington, VT, isn't big enough for Southwest, but JetBlue is running service up there. Plattsburgh has half the population of Burlington, and no airline is going to run service to both cities, as they're so close.

Bangor, Maine, has a nice terminal and an 11,000+ foot runway, yet I don't see JetBlue and Southwest up there. Why? Because there isn't enough population density to support a high-frequency, low-cost carrier. Moving the main airport in Plattsburgh will increase passenger traffic by exactly zero. If anything, the expense of moving CommutAir's operations to another airport might send the carrier packing entirely, leaving the city with NO commercial air service.

The whole project is government pork at its worst.

Lakes had them repossesed

CardinalLakes just sold 5. Who knew there was actually a market for heaps pushing 30,000 hours and twice that many cycles...

From Lakes Quarterly Report 16-May-2005

"On April 25, 2005, Raytheon notified the Company that due to the Company's current defaults, it intended to reduce its exposure by requiring the Company to return five Beechcraft 1900D aircraft to Raytheon by June 30, 2005. The five aircraft to be returned may not include either of the two aircraft the Company leases to another airline. Among other things, the notice requested a full monthly payment by April 29, 2005, the return of all six spare engines that had been loaned to the Company, the sale of the Company's six spare engines, and the remitting of the proceeds to Raytheon. Upon return of the aircraft, Raytheon will release the Company from all future obligations under the related financing provided by Raytheon on the aircraft, but not the past due principal or interest payments."

canadflyau said:
From Lakes Quarterly Report 16-May-2005

"On April 25, 2005, Raytheon notified the Company that due to the Company's current defaults, it intended to reduce its exposure by requiring the Company to return five Beechcraft 1900D aircraft to Raytheon by June 30, 2005. The five aircraft to be returned may not include either of the two aircraft the Company leases to another airline. Among other things, the notice requested a full monthly payment by April 29, 2005, the return of all six spare engines that had been loaned to the Company, the sale of the Company's six spare engines, and the remitting of the proceeds to Raytheon. Upon return of the aircraft, Raytheon will release the Company from all future obligations under the related financing provided by Raytheon on the aircraft, but not the past due principal or interest payments."

As part of that same quarterly filing, wasn't there mention of some EMB-120's going back to Boeing?

Any word on which 1900D's got returned to Raytheon? Are 94, 97 and 100 still flying around the Lakes system?

Was just in 94 the other day, they still seem to be here.

Canada, as is typical, the press is a little strange. That 10Q indicates that aircraft are being returned, but Howell's statements and the Paper Airplane specifically said that we were selling the owned low serial number birds like 94 and a few others listed to an overseas carrier. Who knows what the real story is. All I know is that the lines are back up to 90 hours across the board. And if you want some real entertainment, not to mention some reinforcement that leaving was a good idea, listen to the latest hotline message, 800-747-2313, ext 1500. Don't forget to put on your waders first...It's gettin' deep.

Cardinal,

yeah I read the hotline @ ibt747.com, definitely good advice to put on the waders. As far as the 1900's, I'd believe the SEC filings over the paper airplane. Its hard to sell what you don't own or haven't made payments on!
Upon return of the aircraft, Raytheon will release the Company from all future obligations under the related financing provided by Raytheon on the aircraft, but not the past due principal or interest payments
They wouldn't want to create more two week notices at Lakes by putting the repo news in the paper airplane. Would I remember anyone over there anymore with all the turnover? well besides you of course. But in many ways, I do miss Lakes!
Take care!

LaxPilot said:
I heard that commutair is selling two of the -1900's to a private company in GA. Tails 837CA and 838CA. This should be happing by the end of Aug.

What's the word up there?

Heard they are looking at Saabs, Dashes or Brazilias!! I remember when the Vector was the "done deal" 19 seats and two pusher props.

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=e...=embraer+vector&type=jpeg&no=3&tt=10&ei=UTF-8

They also have a bridge for sale, it's in brooklyn or something.

Been hearing that for 16 years (hey I'm long gone, but it's fun to follow)

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=e...=embraer+vector&type=jpeg&no=3&tt=10&ei=UTF-8

Latest resources

Back