Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chperplt

Hey

Does anyone have any crashpad space or know of any inexpensive housing??

Thanks

Chperplt
Colgan Beech Pilot

I can't think of any off the top of my head but a good idea would be to stop by our ops in ALB (by gate A1) and see if you could put something up on the bulletin board. We had a couple of Colgan guys in our crashpad a few months ago and that's how we found them.

PM me as well.

I live in Albany, New York. There are many cheap houses to rent in downtown Albany, but the area isnt the nicest place to live. A lot of bars and college students from September through May. Living among them may not be too fun, especially on weekends when they get rowdy. The downtown area of Albany, however, is only a 15 minute commute to ALB. :D

Hey,

My August schedule had me laying over every Saturday night in ALB. We stay in the Crown Plaza downtown and it was really a blast. I can't understand why our (COEX) gates are not in the same area as Commutair's since we are operating this micro-hub here in ALB. Anyway if any Commutair guys have heard any rumors about expansion in ALB by Express and Connection please share the rumor as our van driver told me that we can expect XRJ flights to IAH and some more connection flights early next year.

IAHERJ

Do any commuter airlines base crews in ALB and if so, are they hiring? Thanks

Colgan and CommutAir have pilot bases in ALB. Colgan is hiring for both the Beech and Saab.

Commutair has been hiring off and on since April. ALB is our largest base, by far.

"I can't understand why our (COEX) gates are not in the same area as Commutair's since we are operating this micro-hub here in ALB. Anyway if any Commutair guys have heard any rumors about expansion in ALB by Express and Connection please share the rumor as our van driver told me that we can expect XRJ flights to IAH and some more connection flights early next year."

Due to the size of our operation and limited space, moving COEX over to our gates would require getting another airline, American, Northwest or United, to move. It would be nice, especially for the gate agents and rampies, to have everything right there. Perhaps American would be willing as they are cutting all mainline flights in ALB and will be strictly RJs and Saabs.

Haven't heard any rumors of expansion regarding Commutair flights or COEX flights either.

Flightjock30 said:
A lot of bars and college students from September through May. Living among them may not be too fun, especially on weekends when they get rowdy. :D
I agree. Why would anyone want to associate with rowdy college students(girls)?!?!?!?!?! You must have been a ton of fun on college. :)

cougar6903 said:
I agree. Why would anyone want to associate with rowdy college students(girls)?!?!?!?!?! You must have been a ton of fun on college. :)
Why would anyone resurrect a two-year old thread for that nugget of wisdom?

QP

Latest resources

Back