• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CommutAir New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"You know what? It does not matter how well qualified you are, how many LORs you have, or who walks in your app. They put names in a hat, pull some out, and those are the applicants who are interviewed. It works the same way for the ones who are hired. "

bobby, I can't believe you think that. you don't, do you? I gave my resume to my friend, who gave it to the CP, who then put it in the stack of 'To Be Called for Interviews.' Then, I interviewed well and they chose me. I was not randomly drawn out of a hat, nor was anyone else. In the end, aviation is like any other industry in that once they get past the basic qualifications, they're going to hire who the like the most. It's all people skills, networking and attitude, just like anything else. You were not fortunate enough to be hired, but it was not a 'luck of the draw' game that kept you out, I don't believe. It was probably more timing than anything else. I have 6 LORs at SkyWest, including one from a top exec, but it does me no good because they're not hiring. If I ever do interview there or anywhere else, those things will only get me in the door-they still have to like me enough to hire me. It will always boil down to that, after you meet the basic quals.

maybe you were kidding? I know you have more insight into this biz than that to think that everyone with an airline job was job magically drawn out of a hat. Maybe I misunderstood your post?

peace

UP

LOR

LOR = letter of recommendation I suppose???

Buck

Latest resources

Back