Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AftCG182

RIP Avantair
It's been a while since I've seen a "CommutAir Hiring" post. The end of this year's skydiving season is only six or seven weeks away so I guess I'll start another one myself. I've heard some different voices on the ALB approach frequencies, but that doesn't really mean anything.....

Anyone know if CA will be calling for interviews soon?

Thanks-
Dave

AftCG182 said:
It's been a while since I've seen a "CommutAir Hiring" post. The end of this year's skydiving season is only six or seven weeks away so I guess I'll start another one myself. I've heard some different voices on the ALB approach frequencies, but that doesn't really mean anything.....

Anyone know if CA will be calling for interviews soon?

Thanks-
Dave
I've been hearing grumblings from former work mates, with the latest development...ie no bonus, change in healthcare etc, several folks could be moving on.

Ca

Do a search here at flightinfo. I remember last week or the week before a really good (heated) 4 page post.

~99

AFTCG182,

If you really want to get on with CommutAir, wait a couple of months until everyone bails and you may get hired on as a street captain. As many as six have left the Cleveland domicile this past month, and many more seem to be on their way out. They recently announced the closing of ROC, and are in the process of making sweeping changes to make the company more "cost-effective." It is a company full of great people, but be careful what you're getting into. Do your research! Over half of the February new hire class has moved on (not to mention those junior to them), and many captains are jumping ship as well.

Good luck

Would this be a good airline to start with? I mean how bad could it be. Being serious to, what was the extent of the company's recent problems ( medical etc...) that would make people leave?

Thanks

Justino

EXJ; They want a current flying job! I am in grad school and flying but not for my job. I think that counts me out of their mins! Thanks though for the info. :(

Justino

QOL is my main factor with wanting to stay in ALB. As far as I can tell, only CommutAir and Colgan have domiciles at ALB. I would guess that, on average, new hire F/O's spend a year on reserve. That means moving again. If it can be helped, I would rather not move out of town. Might be time to pack my bags one more time.

Tooslow said:
NO, Try Coex, You Can Fly A Jet! They Are Hiring 700 Pilots Next Year!
As is American Eagle. 3-4 new planes (30-40 pilots) per month until 2006. About 15% of the younger new hires go into the props however you can easily bid into a jet in a year. If you are over 25 a jet his very likely to start. First year pay is going up 9% to $23 and $33 second year pay. Coex's new contract is supposed to be pretty good as well.

IHF

Justino said:
Would this be a good airline to start with? I mean how bad could it be. Being serious to, what was the extent of the company's recent problems ( medical etc...) that would make people leave?

Thanks

Justino
Most people on this site are so excited about flying a CRJ or ERJ. who cares, at Commutair your upgrade time a lot shorter than at EXJ. I hope you are looking at the next step in your career and not just the regionals. I understand it is a stepping stone and the regionals is something you have to do, but PIC turbine is what your looking for, the faster you can get there the better off you'll be. 4700 hrs of SIC in a jet doesn't mean crap to SWA or FEDEX.

Think of your overall goal!

Good Luck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back