CommutAir Dash-8's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shadowpuppet

Just wondering if any of you Mighty Beech drivers over at Commutair could verify a rumor my buddy told me last week? Apparently he ran into a Commutair crew that said they were supposed to be getting Dash-8 300's in the very near future. Is there any truth to this crazy idea that CA might finally get cabin class aircraft. I had heard that Verna left the company, and that things were not going so well with the 1900's. Is Colgan moving into CLE with their SAAB's (like in IAH)if ya'll don't get the bigger airplanes?

Just as a disclaimer, I don't work for any commuter, (I did my time in the wiggle pig back in the day) but the idea of a 1900 less commutair is sort of hard to believe. Good luck to ya'll no matter what happens with the new aircraft, and don't worry....an autopilot is nothing to be afraid of:), but sometimes the flight attendants are!!!!!!!!

Commutair talked about cabin class aircraft for 8 years or so! If they are gonna get Dash 8's, I think they will have to buy new ones. Seems there is a big interest in Turbo Props again.
I think they are gonna have to update there fleet soon to stay around in the Airline Business.
Good Luck to that Airline... I did my time there and had a ball!!
The stories of the IAD Crashpad!!! If those walls could talk....

T-Gates summed it up perfectly.

The "bigger airplanes around the corner" thing has been dangled at us for fifteen years. I see no reason to believe it's any truer now than it was then. When I see the first one parked on the ramp (with a mutilated US Airways paint scheme, I would hope, just like 2/3 of our fleet), then I'll believe it. :D

While I'm as skeptical as my two co-workers above, I believe we are in a "do or die" scenario. We've all but pulled out of ALB (which used to be our bread and butter), we've exploded into BOS hoping to establish a market there, and the CLE flying is up for rebid in March. It's no secret that Continental wants larger cabin-class turboprops in all of it's hubs. Within about 400 miles, the RJ costs are just too high with fuel prices as high as they are. However, we will HAVE to get these airplanes if we have any hope of keeping the flying out of CLE. If we lose that flying and have to rely on BOS and ALB, that will be all she wrote.

On August 11, the FAA will be changing the weights and CG range for the BE1900 further restricting the amount of revenue that we can carry. Everybody here knows that we need to get rid of this aircraft if we have any hope of surviving. I would like to think that the owners realize that. If not, I can still guarantee that we'll all be in training come the first of the year. It will be either Dash 8 training here or RJ training at another regional!

No orders placed at Bombardier for CommuteAir airplanes. There are 4 undisclosed orders: 1 Q-200, 2 Q-300s, & 1-Q-400s. The 200’s are 37 seaters, 300’s 50 seaters, 400’s 70 seaters.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back