• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Commutair Commuting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is only about two hours to drive from NYC to Albany so even if you can't catch a flight, you have time to drive. There are several guys who commute out of the NYC area. Most catch our flights out of HPN.

Report times in ALB are usually between 10:50 and 11:05 am and releases at the end of trips are the same time.

PS- We have several guys who commute from Florida and at least one who commutes from California, all with few problems, so NYC should be no problem.

Any other info on Commutair? ie Hiring..

What is current status with Commutair, ie. Hiring? and if so do they pick up Instructors for interviews or only those with 121 or 135 time?

I have 2100/285 but all Part 91 and am running into problem with no 121 or 135 time. Commutair is my preferred airline being from Rochester, NY, sounds like this really isn't a problem if guys are commuting from LA!

Thanks for any and all info, have updated info three times so far, is there a better method or can you call. What if you just showed up at their offices? Yes getting very anxious!

NEDude

Nedude, I'm in the same situation as flyboy, would like to know what i can do to get an interview. I've been trying for a couple of months now, but no replies. Is Commutair going to start to hire people with instructing experience or only 121 or 135 experience? All help greatly appreciated.

You guys may be out of luck. Commutair is starting a big expansion and will be hiring approx. 60 new pilots. However, they are only going to be hiring furloughed Continental Express pilots. It was part of the agreement with Continental to be granted the expansion. The COEX guys (I am one of them) will be able to go to Commutair and fly the 1900 until their number is called back at COEX and then they can return there and start in the 145. Pretty sweet deal for the furloughed COEX guys, pretty crappy for you guys that want to be at Commutair. I for one won't be taking the Commutair jub due to other obligations, but it was real nice to see out union and company to work together to make something happen for the furloughed guys. Hope this info helps.

As a former COEX guy, I would like to know the answer to that one... hopefully we will know within the next week... hopefully...

Latest resources

Back