• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Committees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Umm, there's a lot of them. Scheduling, Retirement & Insurance, Grievance, Pro Standards, Security, and many more.

You got a list of all of them? I am doing some work for our union and I need to assemble some peeps.

You got a list of all of them? I am doing some work for our union and I need to assemble some peeps.

Here's a list of our committees, but keep in mind that this is just specific to PCL. Some other MECs have more, some have fewer.

Communications
Contract Compliance (Grievance)
Hotel
Jumpseat
Membership
Negotiating
Retirement & Insurance
Safety
Scheduling
Security
Strategic Planning (becomes Strike Preparedness if necessary)
Training
Critical Incident Response (CIRP)
Human Intervention and Motivation Study (HIMS)
Pro Standards
Aeromedical

Those last 4 committees are considered subcommittees of the Human Performance committee, but that's just the way that this MEC has set it up. Many MECs have them completely separated. Most of them are self-explanatory, but CIRP and HIMS probably need some explanation. CIRP is a program that kicks into action whenever something traumatic takes place (death of a pilot, crash, major natural disaster, terrorist action, etc...). They are trained to deal with the mental and emotional problems that can result from such events. HIMS is largely known for its alcohol-related program, but it's technically available to anyone that has a major problem in their life that is seriously affecting their behavior (alcohol/drug dependence, divorce, personal bankruptcy, etc...).

ALPA has extensive training programs available for volunteers of all of these committees. I doubt the teamsters do, but many independent unions contract ALPA services. Not sure what the budget is at GIA, but you might look into how much it would cost to get ALPA's assistance in starting some of these committees. Without the proper training, committees are practically useless.

L.o.r.

Becky how about you committee your A$$ on my L.O.R. don't make me drive down there and drink you under the table

Latest resources

Back