Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cookmg

Hey all.

Just looking for some advice in my current situation.

Comm SEL test scheduled for this Friday. DPE cancelled last minute. Plane is going into shop for maintenance and paint. Won't be out until mid october. In the meantime, only other 172RG in the club is overbooked and I can't schedule a whole day until october.

So, options are:

Switch to 177RG late in the game and prep for exam over next week or two. 95 per hour vs. 78.

Move on to CFI stuff ( comm done in right seat). In theory maintaing proficiency without losing pace of training and without wasting money. BUT, putting more time between test and training focused on the commercial exam.

thoughts, suggestions?

If I were you I would contact the members who are scheduled to fly the other 172RG and explain your situation. If they are decent folks I'm sure they will give up a flight so you can take your check ride.

JJJ said:
If I were you I would contact the members who are scheduled to fly the other 172RG and explain your situation. If they are decent folks I'm sure they will give up a flight so you can take your check ride.

ditto, pay them a few bucks if you have to, putting it off will probably make it worse

Exactly.... Enough said.

I did my commercial ride in a V-35 Bananna and had a similiar problem and getting others to let me use the plane who already had it booked was not a problem at all. Make a few calls and explain your situation and you should be good to go.

good luck

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back