• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Commercial Multi?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you have a commercial PTS? Check that, use the table to determine what you have to do.

I don't believe there is any hour requirement, you just need to be able to pass the checkride, which will involve multi engine procedures, emergencies, and some maneuvers, and a single engine instrument approach to add instrument priviledges to your cmel.

No time requirement...just enough so that your MEI thinks you are proficient enough to sign off. On the ground side: multi aero and systems are the biggest topics. On the flying side: MCA, stalls, steep turns, touch & gos, emergency descents, Vmc Demo, dealing with engine failures in cruise (both catastrophic failures with an immediate feather AND troubleshooting before doing a full shutdown and airstart) and in the pattern. If you want instrument privileges, you'll have do do a single engine approach or two.
My suggestion is that once you get procedures / checklist copies, take some time to sit in the cockpit and familiarize yourself with everything and run through maneuvers on the ground so you spend less $$$ trying to memorize procedures aloft.
Hope this helps!

Usually ends up being around ten hours of flying...nothing too bad. Comm. Multi is basically learning how to fly a two-engine airplane on one engine. Crazy, huh?

Ditto on what was previously said. Make sure that once that highly expensive hobbs starts turning, you are ready to rock and roll, and aren't going on an Easter egg hunt for the taxi light, etc. When I did mine, I did my best auctioneer imitation with checklists and such, just to shave precious costly minutes off of the training.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back