Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

labbats

Zulu who?
Anyone ever gotten a rude flight attendant during their flight home on their own airline? I just went through the worst flight of my life while doing nothing but wearing my uniform and wondered if I was the only one.

Yeah, but everybody told me she's like that all the time. As if that makes it OK!

Most the time it's like that, I have had the same experience with the mothership, they treat me like a third class citizen. When I travel on other airlines (NWA has been the best so far, then Delta) they treat me like a king, let me sit in first class, and feed me well.
When I travel with CAL they send me to the back, even if first is half empty, and I have to take the last seat in the back. I don't complain and I don't have the right to do it, because after all I'm traveling for free, but is the principle behind the treatment that bothers me.

I got left at the gate by my own airline the other day. I was trying to get to a wedding. The JS went out empty. That was a precious feeling.

I used to get that all the time at my former airline.

Now that I pay for tickets again, I just refuse to travel on them.

English said:
I used to get that all the time at my former airline.

Now that I pay for tickets again, I just refuse to travel on them.

This is the kind of stuff airlines don't realize, they are shooting themselvesin the foot by trating you like that. If someday I go work somewhere else, and have to buy a ticket, giving the chance I'd rather give my money to NWA than Continental.

Last edited:
jetexas said:
I got left at the gate by my own airline the other day. I was trying to get to a wedding. The JS went out empty. That was a precious feeling.

Try showing up earlier next time.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

That is one thing I really miss about FlyI, sometimes I used my own company to get to ATL (halfway home). It was kind of like the old TV show Cheers, "...you wanna go where everybody knows your name..." I always felt like I was where I belonged, as opposed to standing by the jetway door of some other airline wondering whether or not there was going to be a seat left open.

However, the people on UAL (when we were United Express) and DAL almost always treated me with courtesy and let me sit in first class on the rare occasion that a seat was open. Even if I was a guppy-killer RJ pilot. I got to know some of the pilots and F/A's from seeing them so many times on the flights, whether they were working or commuting themselves. Especially the UAL customer service staff in FLL, they are some nice people.

I just wanted to chime in because there are so many horror-stories of bad service towards commuters, but overall I had pretty good experiences for the few years that I commuted. With a few exceptions......

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back