Comar and ASA base question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

I know JFK is probably most junior for comair. How commutable are these lines, reserve in JFK wld probably be crappy.

As far as ASA is ATL easiest to get? How long is reserve at ATL?

Thanks

ATL is pretty much your only choice so its easy to get. I've been here for 13 months and can't hold a line.

Is reserve at ATL pretty commutable? How long off and how long on?

Excuse me for my ignorance, once again, LOL, but what exactly is going on with ASA right now? Are yall in contract negotiations? Are yall looking at possible pay raises, or cuts?

Just curious, as I see a lot of ASA threads, but haven't been able to figure out 'exactly' what is going on.

Greetings...Yes we are in negotiations right now. We also have a base opening Dec 1 in LAX. Word from friends in upgrade is that they will be short approx 8 FO's in LAX because no one else has bid to go there. They will likely send NOV new hires out there.

Take care

Excuse me for my ignorance, once again, LOL, but what exactly is going on with ASA right now? Are yall in contract negotiations? Are yall looking at possible pay raises, or cuts?

Just curious, as I see a lot of ASA threads, but haven't been able to figure out 'exactly' what is going on.

Yes, we are approaching the end game of a 4 year knock down drag out fight with management over negotiations. There is also a "coalition of 4" attempting a coup against our MEC in our regular union elections. Management is openly supporting the "coalition" as an attempt to overthrow the union and impose a contract.

This is why you see so many ASA threads.

I know JFK is probably most junior for comair. How commutable are these lines, reserve in JFK wld probably be crappy.

As far as ASA is ATL easiest to get? How long is reserve at ATL?

Thanks

ASA bases are ATL and LAX. New hires will be going to LAX for the near future because they can't staff it (not enough bids). Oh, by the way, LAX flying will be day lines, 90% to the armpit of Mexico. Don't plan on commuting. An appartment in LA or even OC will run you $1500+ per month and ASA FOs make about $1200 on first year pay. Good luck.

ASA bases are ATL and LAX. New hires will be going to LAX for the near future because they can't staff it (not enough bids). Oh, by the way, LAX flying will be day lines, 90% to the armpit of Mexico. Don't plan on commuting. An appartment in LA or even OC will run you $1500+ per month and ASA FOs make about $1200 on first year pay. Good luck.

But look on the bright side, we're so short you probably won't have to sit reserve out there!

I tell you. A couple things are gonna have to start happening quick. Raise or they are gonna have to get agressive about recruiting. I love aviation, one minute famine next moment feast. Could'nt beg yourself into a regional post 9-11 now they are hiring like crazy but you can't even live. I worked a entry level job on the phones for 28,000 a year and I'm still broke living without rent costs! Guess I need to get rid of one of my airplanes.

double post

Latest resources

Back