• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's got a T.A.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be interesting to see if Prater will sign this agreement. After all, didn't he campaign on "taking it back"?

STRIKE ASA!
No Concessions Here!

The Ford/Cooksey litigations will likely be thrown out by the judge before the end of the year. It won't take some crazy conspiracy to end these lawsuits. The clear language of the law will take care of that.
Really? Make sure the Counsel that told you that practices LAW and not ALPA Politics. Please elaborate....

Look, I don't want to see ALPA wiped off the face of the planet either, but even you and Prater have to admit that gutting the Constitution to encourage predatory bargaining was not consistent with ALPA's fiduciary duty to its members at express carriers. The destruction of Comair was predicted in this litigation and the fact that events have played out EXACTLY as Dan Ford told us they would in 1999 and 2000 really supports the fact that he knew what he was writing about.

ALPA putting a $210 million dollar bargaining credit on our flying and arguing in favor of "operational integration" at Comair doesn't help their case either.

P.S. He11 Yes Prater will sign this agreement. What would it signal to the Delta pilots if he didn't? Is ALPA going to shut down Delta? I didn't think so.

Was Prater there when Duane Woerth had Cake and Ice Cream with the Continental Scabs?

Last edited:
You missed one.

When ALPA shot down the PID with Delta/Comair/ASA, it telegraphed a signal to managements everwhere: you can stand up all the alter ego "regionals" you want and ALPA won't lift a finger to stop it. Since then, alter ego airlines have been popping up like mushrooms all over the country. Mid Atlantic, Republic, Freedom, GoJet and Compass have all come into being since the Delta pilots d.b.a ALPA made that decision. Three of these were actually facilitated by ALPA to put furloughed US Airways and Northwest pilots in the seats. This ultimately put downward pressure on everybody's contract including the legacy carriers.

Management will always be management but the union we pay to look out for us sold us out.

Huh?

The three "causal factors" I listed were relative to the current situation. I'm pretty sure CMR wasn't in Chapter 11 when the PID was being discussed. The PID "event" was followed by a lot of other events...such as an 89-day strike...and a new Commercial Agreement with Delta.

If you're gonna go back in history to find decisions you didn't like...and blame them for subsequent, non-related actions at CMR, why not link Napoleon's insistence upon a conscription army, to the successful insurgency his occupation force encountered during the Iberian campaign? Couldn't a different decision on THAT have prevented a concessionary TA at Comair?

(sigh)

The PID decision had no impact on the willingness of CMR pilots to stand-up and fight in 2001. At that time, their management wasn't hiding behind the robes of a judge. You're blaming ALPA for the advantages given to management in bankruptcy. That's lame.

If the PID decision had destroyed any leverage the CMR pilots could ever have, then they:

1. Wouldn't have gone on strike.
2. Wouldn't have gotten the contract they did in 2001.

Really? Make sure the Counsel that told you that practices LAW and not ALPA Politics. Please elaborate....

Look, I don't want to see ALPA wiped off the face of the planet either, but even you and Prater have to admit that gutting the Constitution to encourage predatory bargaining was not consistent with ALPA's fiduciary duty to its members at express carriers. The destruction of Comair was predicted in this litigation and the fact that events have played out EXACTLY as Dan Ford told us they would in 1999 and 2000 really supports the fact that he knew what he was writing about.

ALPA putting a $210 million dollar bargaining credit on our flying and arguing in favor of "operational integration" at Comair doesn't help their case either.

P.S. He11 Yes Prater will sign this agreement. What would it signal to the Delta pilots if he didn't? Is ALPA going to shut down Delta? I didn't think so.

Was Prater there when Duane Woerth had Cake and Ice Cream with the Continental Scabs?

Save your breath Fins, this guy and many like him, not only drinks the ALPO cool aide he helps make it!!!!! His reponse will be "you're wrong on so many levels"...what ever that means.

Last edited:
NetJets would certainly be an excellent option - it's a career position and they treat their employees extremely well.

The 121 Carriers like 121 pilots. If your aspiration is still with the airlines, you need to stay in the 121 environment. Good contacts MIGHT overcome this, but at many carriers Part 121 PIC is a requirement - 91 or 135 doesn't cut it.

LMAO! Where in the world did you come up with that generalization?
Blind leading the blind IMHO.

The three "causal factors" I listed were relative to the current situation. I'm pretty sure CMR wasn't in Chapter 11 when the PID was being discussed. The PID "event" was followed by a lot of other events...such as an 89-day strike...and a new Commercial Agreement with Delta.

Yeah, you missed one.

While Woerth and Giambusso were walking the Comair picket line making political theater for the consumption of Comair pilots and their families, behind the scenes at the Delta bargaining table, the mainline pilots were trying their best to restrict our growth and take our flagship which has the chilling affect of inhibiting what bargaining leverage we may have had at Delta.

Implicit message to management: these guys are just fodder - even to their own union.

Management hasn't forgotten that message.

Keep sending your checks into the RJDC. Those lawyers need the money...big yacht payment due in April!

If anything you suggest was indeed correct, the pilots of Comair would not have been able to wage a successful, ALPA-wide supported, strike. The result of that strike led to a very strong contract.

Blame whoever who want, but please keep the timeline and critical facts straight.

Keep sending your checks into the RJDC. Those lawyers need the money...big yacht payment due in April!

If anything you suggest was indeed correct, the pilots of Comair would not have been able to wage a successful, ALPA-wide supported, strike. The result of that strike led to a very strong contract.

Blame whoever who want, but please keep the timeline and critical facts straight.
OK, and as a result of mainline's predatory bargaining that encouraged management to put Comair's flying out to bid that contract is gone.

and the contract the Comair pilots did sign was pretty much what they walked out the door over to begin with. The 401K match was changed to benefit the more senior guys, but what else changed from pre to post strike.

It has always been my thought that the Comair strike had much more to do with ALPA showing management how tough they were in the Delta 2000 contract negotiations and management responding to a pi$$ing contest in kind. It was a Delta / ALPA strike by proxy.

and be careful what you wish for, Mike Haber does not have a boat that I've ever heard of, but if you ever saw him you would prefer him in a three piece suit, not a bathing suit....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back